Inconsistent Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apollonicavity

Reaction score
I've read on here that dental schools like to see an upward trend in grades. I don't particularly have an upward trend or any trend. There are two non-consecutive semesters where I scored straight Bs across all of my science courses with a sprinkling of standalone Bs here and there. Assuming I may end up with a science GPA of about 3.5, what do dental schools make of this? Is this science GPA still considered average for most dental schools, or has it increased recently?

Members don't see this ad.

I've read on here that dental schools like to see an upward trend in grades. I don't particularly have an upward trend or any trend. There are two non-consecutive semesters where I scored straight Bs across all of my science courses with a sprinkling of standalone Bs here and there. Assuming I may end up with a science GPA of about 3.5, what do dental schools make of this? Is this science GPA still considered average for most dental schools, or has it increased recently?
Think you're fine. They like upward trends if you had a rough start. If you've been consistent with a 3.5, that's not terrible. I think it's still right around the current average, it might've gone up slightly in the past year or two

Reactions: 1 user
3.5 is fine, you only need to show an upward trend if you started off poorly
and definitely do not show a downward trend...

Reactions: 1 user