INDBE - Class of 2023 and Beyond

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColgateSmiles

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently in D2 and will be the first class in which the Integrated Boards are mandatory. Our school has emphatically reinforced the fact that the Boards have changed. Unfortunately, they have failed to provide any details beyond the simple metrics claiming that "information about the exam is scarce at this point". Furthermore, instead of running workshops or providing supplementary resources for the board exam, they decided to administer an internal Integrated Sciences exam to be taken in December (worth 2 credits) in which all courses we have completed thus far in dental school will be tested. Basically, "you will be tested on everything you know, you can't score below 70 on any one section, so start studying early". Sometimes, I wonder: Do they not realize the amount of studying and stress that is inherently part of the D2 curricula, or, do they just not care?

The "preparatory" exam to be administered in December will be delivered in 4 sections:
1. AnatomicScience/Neuroscience,
2. Biochemistry/Physiology,
3. Histology/Microbiology/Pathology,
4. Preclinical Sciences

I am not sure how closely this matches the topics covered in the INDBE...apparently neither are they.

As unhelpful as they have been, I was wondering if anyone has input as to which resources are best for tackling this new exam. I know that some students opted into taking the INDBE last year, but other than that, we haven't much info on what the differences will be between the two exams and if the same study resources applicable to the NDBE I/II (ie. Dental Decks, Mastery) would accurately represent the material and difficulty of the INDBE.

Sorry for the long winded write-up. I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, Danny here.

I recently learned about INDBE. You can actually read the Guides they provided in pdf. There’s no much a difference. They focused it to be more on a clinical and close to reality set of questions. Now, I’m from the Philippines and would like to take the exam at the centers for INDBE here. Unfortunately I’m caught in a dead end. :(

D3 here. I took part II, but my some of my classmates took part 1, failed, then decided to take integrated. Our school gave us a mock part 2 exam. He took it before taking the integrated and said the questions were extremely similar

The INDBE details have been posted, as others mentioned, here:
Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.02.47 PM.png

Has anyone tried Ari's INDBE Bootcamp: INBDE Bootcamp | The Only Tool You Need to Ace the INBDE ? (I've always like Ari's products in the past: DAT Bootcamp, Anatomy Bootcamp).