Indian Health Service work environment and responsibilities

Started by baronzb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

baronzb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the work environment like in detail at a typical ihs facility? From my understanding pharmacists rotate every two weeks into retail, respiratory ambulatory, diabetic ambulatory and two weeks 10 bed hospital/er?

Can someone go in-depth with these job functions, what support if any that the tech provides, work load, error policies, etc in each rotation location. What is the work environment like, including coworkers, politics, social culture, etc. I look forward to great responses
 
I work at IHS. We have USPHS officers & contract pharmacists that work at my unit for varying periods when we are understaffed, Service units can be very different. Some are tribal, some federal, with some people being USPHS while others are not. Many locations are very remote.
 
Also honestly, if you reached out to me on LinkedIn, I am sorry, but I would ignore you, since my unit has no permanent openings and I am not a hiring manager. I think your best bet is to contact an IHS recruiter. If you go on the IHS website, you can see which facilities have openings posted. Contact the recruiter for that service area to find information about that specific service unit. I hope this helps.