Indomethacin's Step 3 Journal/Road to Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indomethacin_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once again, I wasn't going to make a journal for this exam right away, but I am finding myself having a very hard time getting much work in after I took my Step 2 CS on June 13, 2015. I would like to think overall CS went well and I can continue my journey towards applying for match this year.

Step 1 Exam Taken December 18, 2014; Passed 244.
Step 2 CK Exam Taken May 3, 2015; Passed 249.
Step 2 CS Exam Taken June 13, 2015; Passed.
Step 3 Exam; Will take soon after graduation early next year.

The purpose of this journal is self motivation and to document the work I do every day, so I can be more productive throughout my days.

PLAN FOR NOW:
1.) Read IM Section of MTB 3 first time through in 14 days. Roughly comes out to 20 pages a day.
2.) Read The ICU Book by Dr. Marino first time through in 10 days, 50 pages a day.
3.) Look up information on residency programs on FREIDA, 10 residency programs a day.
4.) Work on 3rd draft of personal statement.

RESIDENCY TIMELINE:
June: Look up Residency Programs

July: Submit LORs, Medical School Evaluation, Medical School transcript, ERAS token.

August: ERAS application, Application Profile, Personal Statement, Track supporting documents, FINALIZE application, application profile, personal statement, LOR authors in AAMCs MY ERAS.

September: NRMP registration. Deadline MSPE on September 15th, 2015.

October: Release of MSPEs.

If there is anything that I missed on the residency timeline?
Any help regarding that would be greatly appreciated.

Will update later.

EDIT1:

- Finished reading 20 pgs MTB 3.
On page 33/277.

- Looked into 12 programs for Residency. Will give these all a call in this upcoming week.

I have a feeling that things will be good and that everything will work out.

Will update later.

UPDATED 8/12/15: PASSED Step 2 CS!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
12/26/15

- Read Chapter 19 today in Schwartz.
On my second read of Schwartz, I found it to be very comprehensive basic science wise, so figured it would be helpful in my Step 3 preparation.

Chapters left to read:
15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

NBME shelf tomorrow for surgery, I feel confident for it.

Praying for the best in this residency season.

12/27/15

- Completed my NBME Surgery Shelf.
Found this to be the most difficult shelf. A lot of management questions, although I believe with my prior CK studying it went well.

- Read Chapter 15 & Chapter 26.
This collosus of a book is being broken down everyday by me. I believe completing this read will really help make a positive difference in my Step 3 preparation.

Chapters left to read:
16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

12/28/15

- Finished reading Common Sense by Thomas Paine.

Started off quite okay but became a painful read afterwards despite it only being 58 pages. A few good points, but I suppose the old English and politics is not my cup of tea.
:bookworm:

- Started reading Chapter 21 in Schwartz.
Was feeling very under the weather, but will have this chapter completed by tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
12/27/15

- Read Chapter 15 & Chapter 26.
This collosus of a book is being broken down everyday by me. I believe completing this read will really help make a positive difference in my Step 3 preparation.

Chapters left to read:
16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

hi...great going....what is this book by schwartz??

all d best

12/29/15
Had a long day of rotations and work and was unable to do an quality reading.
Started my second elective for rotations, a few more left and I will be done.

12/30/15
Started working on second portion for my publication.
I have to make a powerpoint on 8 patient data. So spent most of today doing this.

12/31/15
Spent all of today doing some things for school work and paperwork for graduation.

hi...great going....what is this book by schwartz??

all d best

It is Schwartz's Principles of Surgery, it is very basic science heavy and find it to be a fantastic read and recall of many highly tested USMLE information. But definitely would not recommend it as a source unless you have some down time after you already completed Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS

1/1/15

Happy New Year!
I am going to strive for this year to be even better than last year, to work extremely hard, and to become a stronger individual academically, mentally, and physically.

1/1/16

- Finished reading Schwartz Chapter 21.
Chapters left to read:
16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

Will buy a Qbank for Step 3 perhaps in a few weeks and get started on doing questions and placing my notes into MTB 3.

- Finished reading Schwartz Chapter 45.
Chapters left to read:
16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46

- Finished reading Schwartz Chapter 46.
Chapters left to read:
16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

/.

1/4/16
- Finished reading Schwartz Chapter 35.
Chapters left to read:
16, 17, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 30, 31, 32, 33, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

1/6/16 - 1/10/16
Fell extremely sick with a cough and really irritated throat.
So used this time to prepare for residency interview instead.

1/11/16
Flight out to my last residency interview.

1/12/16
Dinner with residents and doctors.

1/13/16
Interview day.

It was a tough one this time around, was medicated and had a pretty bad cough that was minimal during the actual interviews thankfully.
Although this was one of the hardest interviews I have ever faced, I am still hopeful and believe that overall it went well.

***./

1/14/16
Flight back home.

Last edited:
1/15/16

Shifting gears a bit and focusing on making a plan for Step 3 studying.

Sources:
1.) Pholston's UW Step 3 Notes.
I am a firm believer that nothing is better than having your own written notes to perform well on an examination. However, I have full confidence that reading these will provide a good background of what I am to expect in these next few months of prep.
2.) MTB 3
3.) Rx Qbank
4.) UW Qbank
5.) UW CCS Cases

PLAN:
1.) I am going to do Rx qbank first for one month. Putting all notes into MTB 3.
2.) Then I am going to do USMLE World 3. Putting all notes into MTB 3.
3.) The I will take self assessments and take this exam sometime in Mid May or Early June.
4.) I Plan on reading and finishing MTB 3 with all of my notes once a month.

- Threads that have been helpful:

A Step 3 Experience Thread
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/my-step-iii-experience.1169665/

MKSAP 16/17
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/mksap-16-17-for-step-3.1148831/

USMLE World Step 3 Pearls
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/usmle-world-step-3-pearls.1176035/

- Websites I have found helpful:
http://www.benwhite.com/medicine/how-to-study-for-the-usmle-step-3/

Last edited:
1/16/16
- Spent the day at work, and making a schedule of things I need to complete for these upcoming months.

1/17/16
- Made a powerpoint presentation for my publication work.

1/18/16
- Sent in my publication work for revision. If all goes well I will have my work submitted by the deadline of 1/22/16.

I will work on the Thank You cards tomorrow for my 1/13/16 interview that I had.
So that marks the end of the 3 interviews that I have had. I am very hopeful that I will get something, as I believe I interviewed very well at the programs I applied to.

Just praying now and staying hopeful. Pushing through this time to do as much work as I used to before. The whole residency interviewing process takes a major toll on a person, but I am thankful for the experience as I believe it will make me stronger.

Members don't see this ad :)
1/24/16

Bought and start Rx qbank. Not as easy as I'd thought it would be. Really set my mind straight that there is so much work that needs to be done.
Will push hard to do extremely well on this exam.
I did not read MTB 3 before I did these questions, and perhaps I should have, but I am starting with Pediatrics

Doing all questions in UNTIMED TUTOR MODE.
After I complete this Qbank, I will begin USMLE World.

Pediatrics:
38/48 = 72%

On pg 4/554 of MTB 3.
I will consider this my first pass during Step 3 prep. I will aim to finish this book 4-5 times before I sit for my Step 3 exam, along with all qbank notes.

Plan for this month and half of next month:
1.) Complete 48 questions a day.
2.) Read 20 pages of MTB 3 a day.
3.) Finish reading Schwartz if time permits.

Last edited:
On pg 24/554 of MTB 3.

Will update after I complete more work.

EDIT:
35/46 Psychiatry = 76%
Completed all psych questions in the bank.

Will try to push for an 80-85% average for this qbank. Will give it my all.

Last edited:
-On pg 56/554 of MTB 3.

- 28/48 = 58% Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases.
Made a lot of silly mistakes, but this was a huge wakeup call. I believe things will only get better from here.

-On pg 56/554 of MTB 3.

- 28/48 = 58% Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases.
Made a lot of silly mistakes, but this was a huge wakeup call. I believe things will only get better from here.

Was MTB worth it? Has useful info but didn't really help for qbank. Prob will need to read several times.
Also are you using FA new editiin fir step 3?

- On pg 88/554 of MTB 3.

- 31/48 = 64% Medicine Cardiovascular.
Made a lot of silly mistakes again, but I am thankful to have completed this. I believe when I review my notes, I will be able to do very well in the upcoming questions of the question bank.

Was MTB worth it? Has useful info but didn't really help for qbank. Prob will need to read several times.
Also are you using FA new editiin fir step 3?

I think MTB 3 is worth it, there is a lot of things in this book that is helpful. The rest of the info can be found in the qbank and help make it a very complete source.

And no, I am not going to use FA Step 3.

- On page 109/554 of MTB 3.

- Scored 20/35 for Medicine Cardiovasular section = 57%
Really disappointed with this score, but I believe that if I review the questions well. Things will get only better from here.

Will review the questions tomorrow.

Last edited:
- Reviewed my mistakes from yesterday. I feel a lot better and more confident that I have learned them.

- On pg 139/554 of MTB 3.

EDIT:

- 33/42 for Medicine Endocrine = 79%
I am very thankful for the improvements in scores. I am confident I will be able to push well above 85%-90% in this qbank.

Very grateful for all of the new things I am learning.

Last edited:
Read up to page 159/554 of MTB 3.

EDIT:

37/48 Medicine Pulmonary = 77%
Very thankful for these set of questions.

There was one question regarding the indications of chest tube placement which I felt was highly informative.

Last edited:
Read up to page 189/554 of MTB 3.

EDIT:

31/43 = 72% Medicine Remaining Pulmonary & All Hematology
Made a few silly mistakes, but I am very thankful for the improvements.
My goal is to hit 75%-80%, and then go on to push forward to higher scores. I believe that if I keep pushing hard I will be able to do it.

Last edited:
- Read up to page 221/554 of MTB 3.

EDIT:

37/48 = 77% Medicine Musculoskeletal
Very thankful for the improving grades. I believe if I keep pushing things will get even better, I feel myself very close to the finish line. Going to work harder than ever before.

Last edited:
- Read up to page 221/554 of MTB 3.

-Do you read MTB and then do qbanks or vice versa?
-I guess the motto is do whatever works best for you but basically I center my studying on qbanks and then for that particular quetsion topic I may look it up in FA/MTB, etc.
-I have tried to read through MTB and but its just so dry to read through a textbook and i feel like I don't retain anything (compared to doing the question and reading all the explanations)
-lastly I feel like i need to read through the text multiple times for things to stick? I took one look at Schwartz and I was like no thank you...
-Just curious how you are able to read so much like the ICU book and retain

-Do you read MTB and then do qbanks or vice versa?
I read MTB first then do qbanks.
-I guess the motto is do whatever works best for you but basically I center my studying on qbanks and then for that particular quetsion topic I may look it up in FA/MTB, etc.
If you have been following my past journals, many people disagree with the amount of times I read MTBs, and the amount of times I read the UW explanations, but I believe this works for me. And I will always follow my heart and do what works for me. And if that works for you, then you can keep it up everyone is different.
-I have tried to read through MTB and but its just so dry to read through a textbook and i feel like I don't retain anything (compared to doing the question and reading all the explanations)
I like reading, I find it interesting, so I tend to retain most of what I read. But hey if questions helps you retain more, than stick to that.
-lastly I feel like i need to read through the text multiple times for things to stick? I took one look at Schwartz and I was like no thank you...
I read things multiple times too, it's normal. And I take monster textbooks as a challenge I like to face and overcome.
-Just curious how you are able to read so much like the ICU book and retain
If you love something so much, reading it, hearing it once, saying it helps you retain a lot. It's all in the mindset.

- Read up to page 282/554 of MTB 3.

I was unable to do any questions last night due to some presentation I had to work on, but I will make them up by tomorrow.

EDIT:

- 28/41 = 68% Medicine Gastrointestinal
I have decided that for the next readings, I will read my CK along with my Step 2 CK UW notes, and then read MTB 3 before I attempt the next set of questions. I believe that many concepts are repeated and the review will help me tremendously.

I will do more questions and make up for yesterdays lack of questions.

635 questions left in the Rx qbank.

I will keep pushing, my goal is 260+ on Step 3.

Last edited:
-Read up to page 308/554 of MTB 3.

-Read Oncology Section MTB 2 which also contained my Step 2 CK UW notes.

Will update later after I complete more work.

EDIT1:

8/11 = 72% on Medicine Neuro questions.
Very thankful for the mistakes, and very thankful that for every single questions I am encountering, I feel like I have read it somewhere before.

EDIT2:

33/44 = 75% on Medicine Oncology questions.
I will continue to push to do better on these remaining blocks. It is amazing how in medicine there is always so much to learn.

Last edited:
- Read up to page 339/554 of MTB 3.

EDIT:

23/31 = 74% Medicine Nephrology
Feels like Step 1 and Step 2 CK concept recycling. Will push to do really well in my upcoming blocks.

EDIT2:

22/31 = 71% Medicine Nephrology.
Made a few silly mistakes, but I believe every mistake is an opportunity for a growing and learning experience.

518 questions left in RX, going to make the most of it.

Last edited:
- On pg 369/554 of MTB 3.

EDIT:

26/35 = 74% Medicine Infectious Diseases.
Very thankful for what I am learning. I will push every day and do the best I can to make sure I do very well on this Step 3 exam.

Step 3 Rx qbank seems to ask a lot of Step 1 related concepts.

EDIT2:

12/15 = 80% Medicine Allergy & Dermatology
I've done it, I've hit 80% on a block. I will push forward to do this for the higher question blocks. I believe if I can do this for the rest of the qbank, I will be in good hands to do UW for Step 3.

Will look into the self assessments tomorrow for Step 3 and have everything figured out to do one soon.

468 more questions to go in RX Step 3 qbank.

Last edited:
- On pg 389/554 of MTB 3.

Will update later.

- 27/46 = 59%
I use every wrong answer as an opportunity to learn. I am confident that I have learned the concepts for all of these questions.

Will continue to push forward.

Last edited:
- Read up to pg 419/554 of MTB 3.

EDIT:
- Did 30 Medicine Ethics questions.
Made a lot of silly mistakes, but thankful for all that I have learned.
I believe I will do better as I keep pushing forward.

I have a good feeling about things.

Last edited:
I was unable to do practice questions last night, and will double up on questions today to make up for it.

- Read up to pg 460/554 of MTB 3.

- 26/37 = 70% Neurology
Pushing forward to learn as much as possible. A lot of guidelines on brain death that were new to me.
Very thankful to have learned them.

EDIT:

- 26/37 = 70% Neurology
A lot of prognosis questions that I was not aware of before. I am glad to have been given the opportunity to get them wrong and learn from them as well.

I believe things will only get better from here.

EDIT2:

- 5/7 = 71% Medicine Family Medicine
Very thankful for every opportunity I have to learn.

Last edited:
- Read up to page 482/554 of MTB 3.

- 34/38 = 70% Pediatrics
Still pushing as best as I can, I will not rest until I score much higher on the qbanks.

- 31/44 = 70% Pediatrics.
I suppose there are a lot of prognosis criteria that is new to me. So I am thankful to have read it here.
Going to push very hard to do well, the fight is not over yet.

Will update later.

I have 175 questions left in Rx qbank.

I am highly considering buying more material to study for this test. I need more detail in terms of what they expect about disease prognosis and management which seems even more detailed than Step 2 CK.

I found this thread to be highly helpful. Will update shortly with my further plans.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/best-books-for-step-3.806455/

Last edited:
I suppose there are a lot of prognosis criteria that is new to me. So I am thankful to have read it here.
Going to push very hard to do well, the fight is not over yet.

Will update later.

I have 175 questions left in Rx qbank.

I am highly considering buying more material to study for this test. I need more detail in terms of what they expect about disease prognosis and management which seems even more detailed than Step 2 CK.

I found this thread to be highly helpful. Will update shortly with my further plans.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/best-books-for-step-3.806455/

For step 3, what are the Q banks you are doing apart from Rx and UW.

When are you planning your step 3 and what are the Q Banks you want to complete. Any feedback about kaplan vs Rx bank

So far, How do you see difficulty levels between CK and Step 3 Prep....I believe except Mngt part (deeply tested in step3) others are quiet common between ck and step 3

your Journal is quiet interesting..All the best

Thanks

UPDATED GAME PLAN:
Sources:
1.) USMLE Step 3 Rx qbank
2.) MTB 3 (Putting all qbank notes here.)
3.) MTB 2 CK (Will read this at least once again in its entirety because all of my USMLE Step 2 UW, USMLE Step 2 RX, NBMEs, UWSAs, and Clinical Mastery Series notes are in this book.)
4.) First Aid Step 1 (Will review pharamacology, Immunology, and Biostatistics from here.)
5.) I plan on purchasing Archer's 36 hour theory and doing UW qbank with that.
6.) I plan on purchasing Archer's CCS workshop and doing UW qbank with that.

Plan is to finish UW three times before exam, and do all NBME and USWA self assessments for Step 3.

MY GOAL ON STEP 3: 269+
TENTATIVE DATE OF EXAMINATION: EARLY MAY 2016

Does anyone have any experience with MKSAP 16 or MKSAP 17? or Archer? This test again seems to be all over the place as there doesn't seem to be one comprehensive source to do extremely well like First Aid Step 1 for Step 1.

- Read up to page 506/554 in MTB 3.

For step 3, what are the Q banks you are doing apart from Rx and UW.
I may do Kaplan qbank, but as of right now I am sticking to Rx and UW.

When are you planning your step 3 and what are the Q Banks you want to complete. Any feedback about kaplan vs Rx bank

I am planning my Step 3 exam in early May.

So far, How do you see difficulty levels between CK and Step 3 Prep....I believe except Mngt part (deeply tested in step3) others are quiet common between ck and step 3

I find Step 3 studying to be more difficult for some reason, there are a lot of prognosis and specific percentages questions asked regarding survival that I need to review and it is a bit tough.
However, I do remember CK studying in the beginning being just as confusing. So I would still say Step 3 studying is more difficult but only a little bit over Step 2 CK.

your Journal is quiet interesting..All the best

Thanks

Thank you man appreciate the kind words.

EDIT:
31/44 = 70% Medicine Mixed
Made a lot of silly mistakes, but very thankful for every drop of information that I am learning.

I am confident that if I keep pushing very hard for this exam I will do very well.

Last edited:

I find Step 3 studying to be more difficult for some reason, there are a lot of prognosis and specific percentages questions asked regarding survival that I need to review and it is a bit tough.

This particular content may show up on day 2 of step 3 as per usmle official content. You can take up to 14 days gap between day 1 & 2. Thanks..GL

Does anyone have any experience with MKSAP 16 or MKSAP 17? or Archer? This test again seems to be all over the place as there doesn't seem to be one comprehensive source to do extremely well like First Aid Step 1 for Step 1.

You should consider an indomethacin Q/A forum lol

-But anyways I did MKSAP16 questions only for weaker subjects - about 110 per subject
-DId MKSAP so far for rheumatology, infectious disease, hematology/oncology, 50% through ICU/pulmonary
-I thought MKSAP was very helpful - I can't stand reading books and I felt MKSAP was a better use of my time than just reading through MTB or some other textbook
-some questions are very basic in MKSAP but the vast majority focus on management of patients and solutions are in UW format (objective, key point, then longer solution)
-MKSAP is geared towards ABIM - I know the MKSAP for students was not in the style for step 2 CK and not very helpful for my IM-shelf.
-I am also using UW ABIM; considering UW ABFM depending on how much time I have

-kaplan qbank is very outdated most questions circa 2011, 2012 - some guidelines outdated. Also one thing I hate about kaplan is they don't have a "key objective" like in UW and MKSAP

-I bought Archer's CCS lecture - he goes through a very long powerpoitn (available online) then a few examples. I glazed through it very quickly on a faster speed and it wasn't very helpful. I was hoping the workshop would be only going through CCS cases. I'll update once I actually sit down and watch the video lectures but from what I saw it wasn't very helpful. I'm hoping the UW CCS bank will help more.

Last edited:
This particular content may show up on day 2 of step 3 as per usmle official content. You can take up to 14 days gap between day 1 & 2. Thanks..GL

I will have to look into this a bit about that gap, unless the vast majority have succesfully done it in a different way, I will most likely do something similar to this.
Day 1: Day 1 Test
Day 2: Day off
Day 3: Day 2 Test

Thanks man.

You should consider an indomethacin Q/A forum lol

That would be cool, I am working on something similar. lol

-But anyways I did MKSAP16 questions only for weaker subjects - about 110 per subject
-DId MKSAP so far for rheumatology, infectious disease, hematology/oncology, 50% through ICU/pulmonary
-I thought MKSAP was very helpful - I can't stand reading books and I felt MKSAP was a better use of my time than just reading through MTB or some other textbook
-some questions are very basic in MKSAP but the vast majority focus on management of patients and solutions are in UW format (objective, key point, then longer solution)
-MKSAP is geared towards ABIM - I know the MKSAP for students was not in the style for step 2 CK and not very helpful for my IM-shelf.
-I am also using UW ABIM; considering UW ABFM depending on how much time I have

-kaplan qbank is very outdated most questions circa 2011, 2012 - some guidelines outdated. Also one thing I hate about kaplan is they don't have a "key objective" like in UW and MKSAP

-I bought Archer's CCS lecture - he goes through a very long powerpoitn (available online) then a few examples. I glazed through it very quickly on a faster speed and it wasn't very helpful. I was hoping the workshop would be only going through CCS cases. I'll update once I actually sit down and watch the video lectures but from what I saw it wasn't very helpful. I'm hoping the UW CCS bank will help more.

This has really helped me narrow down my decision.
So it seems I will NOT use Kaplan qbank and get the MKSAP 16 questions instead.

I will still give Archer's theory and CCS course a wack and see how this goes. But these posts have been very helpful. I really appreciate it.

Anywho, today:

- 27/44 = 61 % OB, Gyn, & Remaining Misc questions.
I definitely got annihilated here. But I feel this is a big uppercut to my jaw that will push me forward to do better.
With every great pain of mistakes during these questions, I see an equivalent opportunity to learn from it and to never get it wrong again.

I will continue to push forward.

26/44 = 58% Ob & Gyn
Really hit me hard that I need to work on these two subjects.

I have 43 questions left in the Rx qbank.
Once I complete these questions, I will move forward to MKSAP 16, and perhaps Archer 36 hour lectures.

I believe that they will be very helpful before I start USMLE World Step 3 qbank.

-28/43 = 65% Ob&Gyn
An improvement in the questions that I am thankful for.

This marks completion 1st pass of USMLE Step 3 Rx qbank. ;)

Although my overall is not as high as I would have liked, I am very thankful for everything that I have learned, I believe it will help me as I push forward to do well.

EDIT:

- Read 1st Pass of Neeraj's CCS notes for Step 3.
I just googled them, and found them to be highly helpful.

Last edited:
Thanks for your Journal.
Now that you finished the first pass of MTB 3, can you comment on the quality of the book vs. the questions you are doing? Is the book up to date? I am still deciding if I need it or not.

Thanks for your Journal.
Now that you finished the first pass of MTB 3, can you comment on the quality of the book vs. the questions you are doing? Is the book up to date? I am still deciding if I need it or not.

Well, it is certainly missing a ton of information that I intend to add from USMLE world.

But in terms of being up to date, with the errata it seems very up to date. However, like a said it needs to be supplemented with the qbanks just like MTB 2 CK. So in terms of usefulness I would put it in nearly the same boat as MTB 2.

Today,

- I am going through 20 pages at a time now of MTB 3, rereading ONLY my Rx notes, or anything in the text that I may have highlighted for this 2nd pass.
Read up to page 12/548.

hey how do u get the MKSAP 16 questions? did u start them yet and find them helpful?
thank you:)

My friend is in IM and gave it to me after he was done.
I did not start them yet, but will start the questions tonight if I can.

Today,

- Reading my RX notes only in MTB 3, up to page 276/548 today.

My next plan was to complete the 36 Hour Archer Red Lecture, but the official website only accepts paypal. And the $245 transfer from my bank account to paypal will be process on 2/24/16.
:(

So I am going to complete as many MKSAP 16 questions as I possibly can until then. :)

Going on a question marathon today, I am beginning to buckle down now.

- Completed 120 MKSAP CVS questions. I have yet to review the mistakes, unsure, 50/50s, and guessed right.

- Completed 108 MKSAP Pulmonary & Critical Care questions. I have yet to review the mistakes, unsure, 50/50s, and guessed right.

Will update later after I complete more work.

EDIT:

- Completed 96 MKSAP Rheumatology questions. I have yet to review the mistakes, unsure, 50/50s, and guessed right.

I will complete all of these questions first, then I will go back and review the select ones.

EDIT2:

- Completed 96 MSAP Gastroenterology & Hepatology questions.
I have yet to review the mistakes, unsure, 50/50s, and guessed right.
It is now 1:34 am central time, have to be up in the morning at 6:30 am.

I am thankful for this day and all that I have accomplished. Going to push very hard for this preparation.

Last edited: