Industry Fellowship 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just interviewed today for HE&OR. Not feeling so well. I think my lack of industry exposure/research might be my downfall.
 
I have a quick question about applying. Say I'm equally interested in both industry fellowship and clinical residency, is it possible to apply for both and then assess my chances of getting into one over the other, and then commit? Say, apply and interview through PPS, then apply to residencies, and make a decision from there? Any insight on how it works in terms of timing would be great.
 
I have a quick question about applying. Say I'm equally interested in both industry fellowship and clinical residency, is it possible to apply for both and then assess my chances of getting into one over the other, and then commit? Say, apply and interview through PPS, then apply to residencies, and make a decision from there? Any insight on how it works in terms of timing would be great.

You can apply to both, but you'll be interviewing and getting offers from fellowships well before residencies, so you'll have to make a decision.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still have not heard from UNC either- they seemed interested at PPS this year. Has anyone else received an invite or other correspondence ?
I have not heard from UNC yet. I was told that they would be contacting applicants in January.

Anyone hear back from USC/Allergan?
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know the timeline for MCPHS programs? I can't figure out if they don't consider me a preferred candidate or they just haven't sent out invites yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would any current Rutgers fellows around here be willing to tell me exactly how much their paycheck comes out to after taxes, benefits etc?

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Would any current Rutgers fellows around here be willing to tell me exactly how much their paycheck comes out to after taxes, benefits etc? I recently just accepted a fellowship offer and would like to know what I will be working with so I can plan for housing etc. I will be in NJ. Not really a question I felt comfortable asking the current fellows in my program, but if someone would be willing to volunteer the information I'd appreciate it. I'd rather not say what fellowship I accepted at this point. PM me if you want as well.

Thanks!

It'll be around $1200 biweekly
 
I'm currently a first year pharmacy student interested in possibly pursuing a career in industry. How do I go about finding these internships over the summer to better stand out? Are there any in particular that are more highly regarded than others?
 
I’m about to be a p4, can someone who already is a fellow to kinda share with me the processes as far as applications and also what made you stood out


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad