This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueinfantneedhelp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I feel as if no one can help me. I am not a doctor. Not a student. Just very frustrated. Sorry if I am breaking the rules. I’m sure it’s annoying me posting here since this is designed for you guys. I’m sure you’re tired of hearing from naggy patients all day. I’m sorry that I am bringing it here, but nobody knows what’s going on. My daughter is a few days shy of 16 months old. She was born at 34 weeks and has ftt since birth. Early December she started to turn blue. First her lips. Then her tongue. Feet were next, and then hands. Legs, and now arms. I’ve taken her to the hospital her oxygen and her heart Is always fine. They did an echo which came back normal. I was told it wasn’t a heart or lung issue nor was it reynauds. It’s getting worse, they assured me they would look into it and it wasn’t dangerous but her feet will stay blue almost constantly now. All blood work has came back fine. The discoloration used to last maybe 20 minutes for her lips and tongue. Now it’s an hour same for the arms. Her legs and feet used to last and hour and now it’s all day. Her fingers and toes are always a darker color than everything else. Not always blue or purple just a darker red. If anyone can tell me what I should ask her doctor about please let me know. She was put in a server of some kind where doctors and students could see her case. I had to sign off on it at least, but so far I’ve not heard anything. She just had an mri a few days ago and I’m waiting on the results should have them tomorrow. Again sorry if I broke the rules I just stumbled across an article on here from a few years back that sounded similar and I’m hoping someone could help me. We do have a pulse ox monitor at home with us and her oxygen is always fine. Heart rate will bounce from 100- 140 while she’s just normal and happy and up higher if she is angry Around 160 or so.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.