Info about class requirements/hw in DS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMDcurious

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, this is my 1st post here, so please be kind :) Thanks in advance for your responses!

I've been following other threads and have come to understand that coursework in DS consists of attending lab/lectures and studying like crazy for frequent exams. BUT then I came across a post that mentioned preparing presentations as a requirement, so:
Do DS classes require group projects/presentations/hw assignments and etc as in undergrad? If so, can you give an example?

Again, I'm just starting down this pre-dental pathway so there is much I have yet to learn :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone, this is my 1st post here, so please be kind :) Thanks in advance for your responses!

I've been following other threads and have come to understand that coursework in DS consists of attending lab/lectures and studying like crazy for frequent exams. BUT then I came across a post that mentioned preparing presentations as a requirement, so:
Do DS classes require group projects/presentations/hw assignments and etc as in undergrad? If so, can you give an example?

Again, I'm just starting down this pre-dental pathway so there is much I have yet to learn :)
Depends on your school. Some schools put more emphasis on group projects such as case studies where you are assigned to a group of 8-10 students and given a case study to help you learn your didactics. You will be given a certain task every meeting and you and your group will work together to figure out what diagnosis and prescriptions you will give to this patient based on what you've learned in your textbooks, lectures, or independent research.

You can expect pretty much anything. Lots of studying for tests and quizzes (I think I have a quiz in every class, every day). Sure, you'll need to do some presentations either by yourself or in a group. You'll need to do a lot of lab work after hours, you can consider this "homework". You'll need to fill out clinic paperwork and schedule/call patients on your own time (unless your school does this for you).

You can't prepare much for dental school, despite what some people say on here, just take it as it goes.

Reactions: 1 user