Info on ped rotation at Miami Children's Hospital?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Susan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a 3rd year osteopathic student and am interested in doing a peds-neuro rotation at the Dan Marino Center that is part of the Miami Children's Hospital. Does anyone have any experience with this dept. or the peds program in general? Is it DO/OMM friendly? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am an SGU student we have an affiliation with Miami Children's. I did my peds sub-I there. Basically they just selected what department you went into. I was placed in the pulmonary and cardiac floors while another student was placed in the neuro inpatient unit. I am not sure if this Dan Marino center you are speaking about is inpatient or outpatient, but if it is the inpatient unit, I think if you specify that you prefer to be placed there, they should not have any problems accomodating your request. I felt Miami Children's was a good experience. I am not going into peds, but if I was I think it has excellent didactics and really great attendings. The residents are all pretty nice too. Well good luck and I hope you get your elective. I did meet 2 students from a DO program in Florida.

Thanks for the information.