Information Sessions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emmie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some schools offer information sessions including campus tours and maybe a few mins to meet with their d-students, does it worth the time and $? What are your opinions? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Personally the only information session I want to spend money on is an interview, beyond that no thanks. But if you think it will improve your chances why not?

Some schools offer information sessions including campus tours and maybe a few mins to meet with their d-students, does it worth the time and $? What are your opinions? Thanks.
You'll be given a tour of the school and an opportunity to meet with dental students during your interview, and if the school doesn't offer you an interview what's the point of visiting that school and meeting with their students in advance, knowing that you won't be attending that school anyways? So, save your money!

Members don't see this ad :)
If I go to the school and meet with the counselor or the faculty prior to an interview, I'll have a general idea whether I'll like the school, and during the interivew (if lucky) I can mention that I had been there for IS, just a way to show my interest level. Do you guys think it's a waste of time?

If I go to the school and meet with the counselor or the faculty prior to an interview, I'll have a general idea whether I'll like the school, and during the interivew (if lucky) I can mention that I had been there for IS, just a way to show my interest level. Do you guys think it's a waste of time?
Yes!

It depends on the circumstances and the school. All schools are about numbers, but some schools are more willing to give a chance and will count your attention. Regarding circumstances it means that if you need to drive 2 hrs to next city for that session it might make sense doing, if you have to buy a plane ticket and go across the country and spend $$$ just for the info session- it is not worth it IMHO.

that makes sense. my family are actually in that city (not my home state tho), so I can spend sometime with them too but it's not like I haven't seen them for years. dilemma!?

I think as long as you aren't flying all over to just go to the info sessions then you should be fine. I say go. In fact, I live in Chicago and I'm going on a walking tour at UIC Dental School tomorrow. I just have to pay $2 to take public transportation and I'm there.