Informing AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigKurz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I haven't really heard much about this, but my friends mentioned it needs to be done.

How/where do we inform AMCAS when we've made the final decision on the school that we'll be attending? Is this something that even needs to be done?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard of that. If you're nice, you could call up the schools you haven't heard from yet and tell them to close your file (they'll probly ask you to send in the request in writing: letter or email).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure after the big May 15 date, they update your file. You can onl yhold one acceptance then, and have to withdraw from all other acceptances before that date in writing (email or letter). Other than that, I don't believe we have to take any other action.

I'm pretty sure after the big May 15 date, they update your file. You can onl yhold one acceptance then, and have to withdraw from all other acceptances before that date in writing (email or letter). Other than that, I don't believe we have to take any other action.

What happens if I get accepted at one school pre-May 15 but I am on waitlists at some others. If I were eventually accepted from one of the schools I'm waitlisted at could I withdraw my acceptance from the first school?

What happens if I get accepted at one school pre-May 15 but I am on waitlists at some others. If I were eventually accepted from one of the schools I'm waitlisted at could I withdraw my acceptance from the first school?

You can only hold one acceptance after May 15. You can remain on waitlists, though. If you get into a school you'd rather go to, you accept that acceptance and then must drop the old one.