Infosource - "Offer Made"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VanCityGurl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what "offer made" exactly means? I interviewed with BU earlier this month and just checked Infosource. Does that mean acceptance or offer to be on alternate list? I'm a little bit confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm still waiting for my mail :)

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted at Pitt, and my Infosource status says "Offer Made". I was never put on a waitlist/alternate list or anything.

Congratulations!

You're in there!! Congrats!

Once you make your deposit, it will change to "applicant matriculated"

Members don't see this ad :)
What day was your interview VanCity??? Just wondering cause I just had an interview couple of weeks ago and still haven't heard back. Congrats on getting in!!

Congrats on your acceptance!!!

I gave up on InforSource about a month ago when the schools stopped updating their status on it! =/

Thanks guys!! I got the letter yesterday :) I was so confused at first but that was a huge relief and I can't tell you all how excited I am!! :) :)

Hi VUSE My interview was on March 9th. Inforsource was actually updated on the 11th but I was too scared to check until yesterday since I figured I wouldn't get any notice for at least ~10-14 days.

Hi Jack604 sorry I'm new to these postings. What does it mean that you've pmed me?

YAY!! I'm in!! :clap:

congratulations Gurl!

now go and enjoy your weekend and have a blast!:clap: :clap:

Congrats, BC girl! "Jack604 pmed you" means that he sent you a private message. First, click on the "pm" icon, then "private message".

I haven't applied yet, could somebody tell me exactly what infosource tells you? does it let you know if all of your letters of recommendation and transcripts and things got to aadsas/the schools all right? i'm applying in a few months, so just curious. thanks! :)

Originally posted by Biogirl361
I haven't applied yet, could somebody tell me exactly what infosource tells you? does it let you know if all of your letters of recommendation and transcripts and things got to aadsas/the schools all right? i'm applying in a few months, so just curious. thanks! :)

yes it does exactly that except that you can't count on it completely. it will show the status of your application at all of the schools you have applied to. the only problem is, each school is to update the status one by one and there are many schools that are very very slow in doing that.

just to give you an idea, the status of my app in many schools still say "under review" when in reality they have either rejected me, interviewed, or put me on alt list.

Originally posted by Biogirl361

Infosource tells you all the schools you applied to, the date your application was mailed, your admissions status (which includes weather or not your application was recieved by the particular school), the date of the most recent update from that particular school, and any additional information from the school. LOR and transcript status, weather or not they were recieved, can be found by clicking on a link on your online application. Some schools do not use infosource, but will still be listed on your infosource page. You just have to call these schools to get whatever information you need. Hope this helps!

In my opinion, schools don't update with InfoSource often enough. They say once a week, but that isn't true as you get later into the application cycle (starting late January).

It's only helpful in the beginning stages when they do care enough to update. =)