Infraction of Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dro33

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a minor infraction from freshman year, but the charge is kinda big; possession of a false license.(I was a stupid high schooler who wanted to go to a 21+ concert)

I wrote an essay about how much I learned from the experience and so forth, but I was wondering how much this would affect my application? Should I give up hope, or is it not that bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Take this as a grain of salt as I am not an admissions person. I don't think it's a death sentence, but it's going to be a bigger uphill battle than something like underage drinking. Schools take false documentation extremely seriously. In fact, at my school it gets you expelled immediately. That being said, I don't think it's impossible, especially since it was your freshman year. I'm sure you're not the first person they've seen with a fake ID. Be sure to own up to it and demonstrate growth, as you have done. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think that you'll be OK.

I would not give 2 craps. If you have no pattern of similar behavior or encounters with LE, i imagine adcom would not either.

Agreed with above. This isolated incident shouldn't give you trouble. If you had that and then a couple underage charges, then yes that would be bad.

Honestly to me, this is a lot less serious than an underage drinking charge..or using a fake ID to buy alcohol and since adcoms went to college and were once young and stupid too this kind of relatively normal behavior (it's still wrong but you know it) won't sink an application