• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!

TherealnorthOMFS

5+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Here are the stats
cGPA=3.49, sGPA=3.51
Trend: 2.2 -> 3.3 -> 3.84 -> 4.0 -> 4.0 (I hope this offsets my mediocor over-all)
DAT: AA:23, TS:25, PAT:22 (none under 17 but my RC is 18).
ECs, 650 hours of research (paper is in process of submission for publication), 300+ shadowing (but with one dentist), 203 hours of volunteering at local hospital, tutored children with learning disabilities, tutored college students (work), extensive club and campus organization involvement with leadership roles. I (think) did a pretty good job with my personal statement and I have 4 reference letters (3 from science professors and 1 from dentist).

I applied pretty early and got verified during the first week of July. Application is complete for Columbia, BU, UDM, midwestern illinois, Nova southeastern, Case western. I applied for UPENN but still haven't submitted my secondary, working on it ASAP. Also I plan to complete an app for UCSF (the city is nice) and Buffalo. One caveat, when I applied it was with an old DAT score that was relatively low (19AA, 20TS and 22PAT), the improved DAT scores I accomplished on august 10 (4 days ago).
Realistically, what are my chances at the higher tier schools such as Columbia and Penn?. I am also in the process of contacting Detroit mercy because I want to clarify whether or not they will consider my DAT given that I have an 18 and their website says 19 minimum for each section.

Many thanks in advance,

RI

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.