Insights on my chances please?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alnk

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Want to get into a DO program...

MCAT: 27N

Undergrad GPA: 2.33
Post-bacc GPA: 4.0

Experiences include:

Donor Tissue Recovery
Physical therapy aide
Clinical Exercise physiology research (1 year - stress tests, strength tests, body comp, RMR, etc)
Orthpaedics lab research (2 yrs, 4 publications)
Clinical Cancer research (6mo)

I really want this to happen but have been getting a lot of resistance (due to GPA I assume...)

What's your opinion? Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

What is your sGPA? And what would your cGPA be with the post-bacc included?

You have great experiences, impressed you were able to obtain them with a 2.x undergrad gpa. At my school, pretty much only the people with high gpa's can get involved with research. Kudos!

Thanks for the reply advair250!

I'm not sure what my sGPA and cGPA are right now. I am having trouble locating the spreadsheet. I think last time I checked, the sGPA was 3.01 and cGPA was 2.96? something around that range. That 2.33 GPA was because I started off in an engineering program and, despite my efforts, the info just wasn't getting through to me. I didn't make the decision to pursue medicine until after I graduated and worked in the field for some time. It's rough to try and dig your way out of a 2.33 though =(

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Catalystik!

I'll check those out and see what my numbers are.

get your gpa to a 3.0, do some community service and I think you will get interviews.