Institutional Action Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Samtram

Reaction score
Hey guys, I attend a small Christian school that requires you to attend chapel every so often. When I was a freshman I pledged a fraternity and was asked by a senior to attend a chapel for him. You must swipe your student ID to get credit for the chapel you attend so I attempted to swipe this seniors ID. Of course, I was caught and given community service and probation. I took responsibility for my actions and will do so on my application. My question is does this Institutional Action destroy my chances of getting into medical school? Is there anyone who can tell a personal example of how they got into medical school with a IA? I am now a junior with a 4.0 GPA and am taking the MCAT in the Spring.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Small potatoes. I was always in the mix of shenanigans. Luckily I was drinking buddies with the dean and I got away with it. My rap sheet would make your Christian school admins blush

Reactions: 1 user
I've never seen an IA like that. It is slightly disturbing because it is a form of deception and we wouldn't want students at our school pulling a fast one in this way but on the other hand, I do think that some adcoms will take pity on someone who exercised poor judgment while pledging a fraternity as a freshman.

It is certainly possible to get in to medical school with an IA.

Reactions: 1 user