Interesting Dental School Topics

Started by Theo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

What is the hardest part of dental school?

  • Dealing with patients

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify opinion in a post)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    11

Theo

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I'm starting this thread so that current dental school students can come in and post comments on things about dental school they wish they had known before starting dental school

Hopefully this will give all us pre-dental viewers some heads up and also some neat things to look forward to!

Any and all comments will be most appreciated!
 
I really feel like I manage my time well. I came from undergrad as a student-athlete, and so I was used to having a lot to do at one time. I really feel that the workload is the hardest part about dental school. I knew it was going to be difficult, which is why I took 18 hour credit semesters and 9 hours during summer terms, but IMO, there is not anything that can fully prepare you for the workload in dental school.
 
I'm pretty sure I'll be ok with the time management, I managed a business during my undergrad and started a family. So without having to worry about running a business at the same time as school, i should be fine. The key word is "should"!!! Hahaha
 
Interesting that you listed both workload and time management as choices. As a student you deal with the insane workload with good time management. I voted workload b/c it unlike anything you would have experienced in undergrad.