Interfolio expiring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nookular

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My interfolio account is about to expire and even though I'm accepted and don't need the rec letters for admission, I'm wondering if there is any other reason to renew the service so I can still have those rec letters. Do people ever use the rec letters they used to get into med school after they get in for other purposes (ie: getting that first research position)?

I know that getting a summer research position isn't too hard once you're in school, but is it worth the fifteen bucks to hold onto these rec letters?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

My interfolio account is about to expire and even though I'm accepted and don't need the rec letters for admission, I'm wondering if there is any other reason to renew the service so I can still have those rec letters. Do people ever use the rec letters they used to get into med school after they get in for other purposes (ie: getting that first research position)?

I know that getting a summer research position isn't too hard once you're in school, but is it worth the fifteen bucks to hold onto these rec letters?

Thanks

Its a great question, but I would say if you have any doubts, $15 is a very cheap insurance policy...eventually they will be totally useless...

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how useful two-year old letters would be (for M1-2 summer research positions). I wouldn't spend the money.

I'm still in the process of applying, but I agree with Flip. 15 bucks is really cheap. You never know what happens. Even if you end up getting more recent letters for other things in M1/M2, you never know what deadline you may have someday and you need that one more letter. Best of luck!:luck: