1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interfolio expiring

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Nookular, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Nookular

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Post Doc
    My interfolio account is about to expire and even though I'm accepted and don't need the rec letters for admission, I'm wondering if there is any other reason to renew the service so I can still have those rec letters. Do people ever use the rec letters they used to get into med school after they get in for other purposes (ie: getting that first research position)?

I know that getting a summer research position isn't too hard once you're in school, but is it worth the fifteen bucks to hold onto these rec letters?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. flip26

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Its a great question, but I would say if you have any doubts, $15 is a very cheap insurance policy...eventually they will be totally useless...

4. Nookular

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Post Doc
    Anyone else have any thoughts?

5. MonkeyChow

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't know how useful two-year old letters would be (for M1-2 summer research positions). I wouldn't spend the money.

6. phospho

phospho SDN Lifetime Donor
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm still in the process of applying, but I agree with Flip. 15 bucks is really cheap. You never know what happens. Even if you end up getting more recent letters for other things in M1/M2, you never know what deadline you may have someday and you need that one more letter. Best of luck!:luck: