INTERFOLIO questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

altaalta

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, new to using Interfolio for my LORs

Main question is regarding the "extra" documents, i.e. the TMDSAS has a cover letter where you have to waiver your rights and then another sheet that has a survey for the LOR writer to fill out

How do you include these documents when you send the Interfolio email to the LOR writer? I am confused about the whole cover letter thing and how it works when you use Interfolio.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

These are good questions. I'd like to know also.

You do not need the form when using a letter service like Interfolio. Does your school have a cover letter that they will make for you? If they do, then that DOES need to go along with your letters.

I'd ask your undergrad about it. Different schools will help you do different things. I know mine made me a cover letter with my rec letters before I sent them off.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school does not have a formal committee that does that, so I am sending individual letters.

My question is specifically about the "evaluation letter form" of the TMDSAS application that has the waiver section and a section where the LOR writer fills out numerous questions about me (i.e. checklist of questions like personality, leadership, etc). Am I supposed to send this attachment to the LOR writers and they have to upload this "extra" form along with their letter ? Normally via regluar mail, they would just attach this form to their letter.

Thanks.

My school does not have a formal committee that does that, so I am sending individual letters.

My question is specifically about the "evaluation letter form" of the TMDSAS application that has the waiver section and a section where the LOR writer fills out numerous questions about me (i.e. checklist of questions like personality, leadership, etc). Am I supposed to send this attachment to the LOR writers and they have to upload this "extra" form along with their letter ? Normally via regluar mail, they would just attach this form to their letter.

Thanks.

As far as i understand TMDSAS is "Interfolio" for Texas schools. You should ask your letter writers to send 2 LOR's one to Interfolio and the second one to TMDSAS with their coversheet. Hope it helps !!

As far as i understand TMDSAS is "Interfolio" for Texas schools. You should ask your letter writers to send 2 LOR's one to Interfolio and the second one to TMDSAS with their coversheet. Hope it helps !!

that's what i did to avoid any confusion at the TMDSAS end of things. they could probably match up your document without the coversheet, but i didn't want to risk it.

having a letter writer send 2 letters (one to interfolio/one to TMDSAS) vs. 1 (just Interfolio) really isn't that big of a deal.

So my letters are currently with my schools letter service... aka my teachers sent the letters to this service, so I have like 4 letters there, and then they send them out in packets...

Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to send that packet of letters to Interfolio so that I could use them instead?

So my letters are currently with my schools letter service... aka my teachers sent the letters to this service, so I have like 4 letters there, and then they send them out in packets...

Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to send that packet of letters to Interfolio so that I could use them instead?

Only way to get an accurate answer is asking your school's letter service directly. Is it possible? Yes...my school's career office LOR service did. On the other hand, the biology office, which also has their own LOR service for premeds, did not allow it to be sent. I had to get it transferred from the bio office service to the career office service, then they would send it to interfolio..lame. So check with them

I'm kind of confused about the whole LOR process. I've got an Interfolio account and my writers will be submitting their letters there, but what if I encounter a specific recommendation form a school wants filled out? Does a letter just go in place of such a form or do I then have to contact my letter writers again and ask them to fill out this additional form and send it to Interfolio? For example, my state school has a "scoring and signature sheet" that must accompany the letter if the letter itself is not on it. I can't possibly ask my writers to fill out 20 different sheets for different schools, right? What's the deal with this?