international denist need serioues advice on my chances to mph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shater

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, im an international dentist with orginal transcrpit gpa of 2.4 and wes gpa of 2.39 and ece gpa of 2.4 and im so worried upon my gpa and thought of doing mph to imporve my low gpa.so i actualy need serioues advice on which mph programs will let me in with my 2.4 gpa as well as i would like to ask for any advice on any know how i can overcome my low gpa? ...thx in advc

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think that there is a lot to be done in regards to your GPA. Perhaps you can take some post-bacc classes at community colleges or something like that.

I would go for that, study extremely hard on the GRE and obviously do well on that test, and write a very strong personal statement explaining exactly why you want to pursue an MPH.

You might not end up at a top-tiered university, but you could make the cut at some MPH programs.

I don't think that there is a lot to be done in regards to your GPA. Perhaps you can take some post-bacc classes at community colleges or something like that.

I would go for that, study extremely hard on the GRE and obviously do well on that test, and write a very strong personal statement explaining exactly why you want to pursue an MPH.

You might not end up at a top-tiered university, but you could make the cut at some MPH programs.
hello LiteBear thx for ur advice but do u have any idea about what kind of post bac classes i can join to imporve my gpa and if i have a chance to get in mph which programs will accept me and my purpose to do mph is to overcome my low gpa actually so i would value much if u and any can mention me names or site to those

The way I understand your situation is that you want to use an MPH program to get into a dental school as an international/advance standing student.

Unfortunately, I think that a 2.4 would exclude you from a good school of public health. I feel that even a great GRE score 1200+ would not be enough to save you.

My suggestion is to enroll in some community college classes. Those classes should probably be relatively easy for you (considering your background) and will definitely help improve your GPA.

I feel that the MPH route to a dental school is interesting. It could help you considering you have a dental background and that is always a plus but many schools are not keen on being stepping stones to other programs. Also, as a side note, American dental schools are very very selective <4% acceptance rates.....