International Dentist Program, Acceptance into dental school with Low GPA!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drjnp1406

Reaction score
Hello Folks,
I hope everyone is doing well.
I am a current prospective candidate applying to Dental schools in the USA, as everyone would be doing in order to get a DDS or a DMD. Having said that, this is my first application cycle but haven't heard back from any of the INSTITUTIONS.
A red flag on my application is that my GPA is very low, 2.43, and I think that is affecting me a lot.
Guys, I need a suggestion to improve my GPA or should I enroll in some program to improve my profile? If yes, then which programs should I look for?
Please help me with my concern and also, please share your experiences.
Moreover, I would appreciate all of your help if someone can help me with the name and list of different programs that would help me in the long run.

Thank You all in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Folks,
I am a current prospective candidate applying to Dental schools in the USA, as everyone would be doing in order to get a DDS or a DMD. Having said that, this is my first application cycle but haven't heard back from any of the INSTITUTIONS.
A red flag on my application is that my GPA is very low, 2.43, and I think that is affecting me a lot.
Guys, I need a suggestion to improve my GPA or should I enroll in some program to improve my profile? If yes, then which programs should I look for?
Moreover, I would appreciate all of your help if someone can help me with the name and list of different programs that would help me in the long run.

Apply for residency programs like operative dentistry or orofacial pain.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your advice.
Are there any one year residency programs?
Please let me know!

GPR 1 year - West Virginia
AEGD - mostly 2 years but they might have a 1 year option at Rochester. Look it up.
UF- 1 year internship in operative dentistry. Solid idea to improve your profile.

Good luck!

Hello Folks,

In general, low GPA shows, that you are incapable to handle a program. Which in turn puts you, as a student, at a very high risk of failure, dismissal and a loss of tuition money for a perspective dental school.
In order to show your improvement you need to attend any other, relatable program at least one year in length with excellent GPA. The best way would be a master program