international/global health rankings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

publichealthfan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone have these????????

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding there really are no rankings for global health, when it comes to public healt programs. However, if you want to know what schools are well recognized overseas and with the major international organizations...Hopkins and Tulane are well known internationally, however, schools like Emory, UMich, Columbia and etc. have amazing opportunities for students and faculty b/c of their connections.

As for the best...in my opinion it's LSHTM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I have been accepted by Simon Fraser University (BC, Canada) and also by the University of Alberta (AB, Canada) for an MPH in Global Health. I'm trying to figure out which one has the best MPH/Global Health Program and am wondering if anyone knows anything about these programs, or if there is anywhere I can find a ranking or reviews?
Please let me know!!

i need to know about the world ranking of universities in UK related to MPH... where ever i ve searched i ve found american universities... if somebody can guide me about universities in UK related to MPH...

Hi,
I have been accepted by Simon Fraser University (BC, Canada) and also by the University of Alberta (AB, Canada) for an MPH in Global Health. I'm trying to figure out which one has the best MPH/Global Health Program and am wondering if anyone knows anything about these programs, or if there is anywhere I can find a ranking or reviews?
Please let me know!!

I doubt you'll find rankings because both programs are relatively new. Of the two, I believe SFU's program has existed for a longer period of time, and was recently accredited by CEPH (SFU used to only offer two MPH specializations, global health and population health); Alberta is working toward CEPH accreditation. SFU also posted a list of what their graduates are doing now: http://www.fhs.sfu.ca/graduate-prog...h-program/Graduand Employment Information.pdf

However overall, neither university is in a city situated with very strong links to global health agencies, organizations, or jobs. As far as worldwide reputation goes, I would say SFU > Alberta but again, both SFU and Alberta <<<<< LSTHM, Hopkins, Harvard, UNC, etc., at least for the time being.

If you are currently working at a global health agency (CIDA?) and you are only looking to upgrade your training then it probably doesn't matter either way. But if you don't have global health experience and you want the MPH to be a career changer, the best options are currently in the US, or at the London School (any that SSS3 mentioned, and I would also add UNC to that list as well.)