This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vet66

Reaction score
Hi,

I am an international student, in college in the US at the moment. I would like to keep my options open as to where I would like to work after completing my degree in vet med (US or Europe). Is there an advantage to choosing an international vet school (eg Glasgow)? Or does a degree from a US vet school allow someone to work in Europe as well?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am an international student, in college in the US at the moment. I would like to keep my options open as to where I would like to work after completing my degree in vet med (US or Europe). Is there an advantage to choosing an international vet school (eg Glasgow)? Or does a degree from a US vet school allow someone to work in Europe as well?

thanks!

If you go to a US school, you are able to register for a license in the UK (provided your NAVLE score is high enough), without further testing - but you would still have to get the appropriate work Visas, etc. Elsewhere in Europe & Asia, it probably depends on the country, so you can look up the specifics (probably based on which languages you speak - i.e. you won't care about Poland's regulations if you don't speak Polish).

Hey, I'm a vet student from Ireland. Just so you know - in terms of if you ever wanted to work in Europe - vets here get paid significantly less. Think around 30,000 euro (~35k dollars) for a new grad. Given the loans most US vet students build up, working here is unfortunately not an option. Just something to keep in mind.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if U Sydney required GRE scores? I don't see anything on their website about it and VMCAS website says to check with the school. Happy to email admissions there, but thought I'd check here first.