Internship vs. Shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Katdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a pre-vet student and am about to handout some resumes and cover letters to some nearby clinics in my area. However, I was wondering if I should indicate on my resume that I'm interested in an internship or a shadowing opportunity. Obviously either would be great, but I was wondering what was the difference and which one would most likely land me an opportunity? Or should I just say I'm interested in either position?

Any help would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I think shadowing would be easier to land. Internship requires more work on the part of the staff, imo. At least based in my understanding of what an internship entails.

If you shadow and they like you there is always the potential of an internship or getting hired later on.

Reactions: 1 users
I think shadowing would be easier to land. Internship requires more work on the part of the staff, imo. At least based in my understanding of what an internship entails.

If you shadow and they like you there is always the potential of an internship or getting hired later on.

Thanks for the response!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm currently a pre-vet student and am about to handout some resumes and cover letters to some nearby clinics in my area. However, I was wondering if I should indicate on my resume that I'm interested in an internship or a shadowing opportunity. Obviously either would be great, but I was wondering what was the difference and which one would most likely land me an opportunity? Or should I just say I'm interested in either position?

Any help would be appreciated!
I agree, I would think an internship would imply a longer-term commitment and something more structured, so it would be easier to just say you're interested in shadowing.