Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaq786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you currently work as a tech with a certain company and want to be an intern, do you have to reapply for the higher position and go through the interview process all over again?

I am going to be starting pharmacy school next month, do you think its a good idea to atleast ask and find out if there is an internship position open? That'll be a good way to atleast meet the district manager over the phone. Obviously, I dont have an internship license now, but I thought it would be a good way to connect.

Members don't see this ad.

You'll have to wait to get your intern license & each state is different on when it allows intern licenses to be approved.

You can look at your intern licensure/regulations online at your state board of pharmacy website....usually www.xyzstate.pharmacy or state board.gov.

As for your particular company....sure, let your supervisor know you will be attending pharmacy school soon & can you work as an intern as soon as your license comes thru. They'll have to accomodate your school schedule so you might as well start the process now. I'm not sure I'd go to the dm - your pharmacy manager would be the first place you'd go. If that doesn't produce any result, or that manager doesn't use interns (some don't - they just prefer not to teach)....then go to the dm. Generally, its not a good idea to jump over heads unnecessarily.

Each company is different - I don't think you'd need to reapply or interview unless you changed locations.

Good luck!