Internships: Official letter of acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LucidMind

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm extremely excited to have gotten matched this morning, what a long process! The site emailed me today and requested an "official letter of acceptance." I was hoping somebody could shed light as to what this means and what I should include in it. It seems like something I should be familiar with at this point, but I'm pretty lost. Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I'm extremely excited to have gotten matched this morning, what a long process! The site emailed me today and requested an "official letter of acceptance." I was hoping somebody could shed light as to what this means and what I should include in it. It seems like something I should be familiar with at this point, but I'm pretty lost. Thanks so much for your help in advance!

Sounds lazy of them. I had to sign one they wrote for me when I matched. I think you just draft a letter that reads "I am pleased to accept the XYZ internship position for the 2017-2018 year." Obviously doesn't have to be those words but I'd sign it and send that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am also a little confused about this. Will an email suffice, or do I need to attach a word document to the email, which seems a bit silly?

I am also a little confused about this. Will an email suffice, or do I need to attach a word document to the email, which seems a bit silly?

It's probably a good idea to ask your site. You'll need to know how to communicate with them anyways. Barring that, the safest is a PDF with signature that you attach to an email. Usually that's what people mean when they "official letter" these days. But ask!

Reactions: 1 user
I was told to expect a letter from my TD (he told me) within the next week.