interspecies harmony: dog + cat + rat = really cute

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoodle

UC-Davis DVM/PhD
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That was really cute! Thanks for sharing. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen this before--it's so cute. Too bad my dog would LOVE to kill my rats (as in, sits outside the cage staring at them and making guttural whines/screams) and the cats would love to kill the rats and the dog greatly enjoys chasing the cats. If I hear the cats getting into something, I just yell CAT! and the dog goes careening down the hallway barking madly to make the cats disperse. This sort of harmony would never fly in my house!

Very cute! I once had a dog, cat, and rabbit living together. The cat liked to chase the rabbit in the bathtub, but he never ate the rabbit. Guess he thought the rabbit was another cat.

My dogs used to babysit my baby goats while their mum went grazing. I love interspecies love :love:

That's great!

I have a picture from when I was in Israel of a dog laying on the back of a mule but I can't find it... :oops:

Someone on this forum has a picture of the dog/cat/rat stack as their avatar, I just never noticed the rat in the picture. Hmmm, I don't remember who it was though.

Good video!

I've seen this before and I agree - it's quite cute - and a good message!

I personally have a cat and 4 rats :love:- would get a dog too, but the landlord won't allow it, so I'll have to wait... :(