Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I will be applying IR this coming year and I've read a lot about this prelim year requirement. More specifically, some programs require a surgical prelim which is fine but others "strongly encourage" or do not specify.
My questions are:
1) How necessary is it to do the surgical prelim year for IR? I really want to take it easy this year and not be a scut monkey.
2) Has anyone done a transitional year?
3) Does it look bad if I say I'm doing surgery to these "strongly encouraged" places and just do a transitional year instead?
My questions are:
1) How necessary is it to do the surgical prelim year for IR? I really want to take it easy this year and not be a scut monkey.
2) Has anyone done a transitional year?
3) Does it look bad if I say I'm doing surgery to these "strongly encouraged" places and just do a transitional year instead?