Interview 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everybody...
Did anyone schedule an interview with Goergetown?
I recived an IV last week from the PD via email and she told me to contact the PC to schedule an interview...I sent to her 2 emails and I left a voice mail but no response till now!Seem starnge to me? what to do plz?Should I call the PD or just wait?

:rolleyes: well, you need to set up an interview, right? so do something that will guarantee it! :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

This is completely second hand info, but while interviewing at another NYC program the residents told me Columbia is only taking 2 residents this year, and with their tendency to take their own students, they won't be interviewing many people this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is completely second hand info, but while interviewing at another NYC program the residents told me Columbia is only taking 2 residents this year, and with their tendency to take their own students, they won't be interviewing many people this year.

Thank you for the info! Now...I paid for that program through ERAS and deserve a rejection/invitation. ;) (It would be my first rejection out of 20.)

has anyone written a pd to tell of their interest in the progrm and try to get an interview? I have yet to hear from 4 programs, obly 1 of which i care about. i am trying to decide if and when i should write the pd.

I did this to several philly programs and Penn State Hershey.

I have yet to hear from any of the ones that I wrote to.

Not sure, but I think if I don't hear by dec 1st I will call.

Anybody know anything about Robert Wood Johnson's program?

I have an interview there on Nov. 30.

Penn State-Hershey by email.

:D

Thanks villin...Finally I goy it!

Did anybody hear from Tufts/NEMC ?

Thanks villin...Finally I got it!

Did anybody hear from Tufts/NEMC ?

Hi all, just wanted to answer a question asked about Stanford a while back. Last year, there were quite a few students who did away rotations who ended up matching at Stanford. This year, there are fewer students rotating with us who will be participating in the match. Therefore, it is almost certain that several more students who do not do away rotations will match with us. Feel free to send any more questions! Good luck, it will all be over soon ;)

Jefferson 11/17 :D !

Will do my best.....:)

Members don't see this ad :)
UT Houston
Methodist Hospital in Houston
Emory
Mass General
Brigham & Women's
Univ of Colorado
UTSW
Georgetown

is all I have set up thus far... it's going to be a busy Dec/January for me.

okay it's thanksgiving and i still haven't heard from a few programs. it's getting late... have some great ones under my belt but there is still one in particular that I really wanted to go to. i have written a letter to the pd. what else is there to do?

okay it's thanksgiving and i still haven't heard from a few programs. it's getting late... have some great ones under my bealt but there is still one in particular that I really wanted to go to. i have written a letter to the pd. what else is there to do?

twiddle your thumbs. :thumbup: :thumbdown:

all you can do is wait.

Finally heard from Georgetown today. They offer only a 10 day period to interview. Gonna be tough to fit one in with so many others already scheduled.

Anybody hear anything as to why invites came out so late? Has it been like this in past years?

I heard from georgtown on Novamber 9 ..Scheduled on Dec 5.

i interviewed Wisc a while ago. They have happy hour during which candidates meet residents. Please be careful if you go there.

i interviewed Wisc a while ago. They have happy hour during which candidates meet residents. Please be careful if you go there. The residents are spying on you!!!!!!!!

UWI is arguably the number one party school. Then they ask you to have happy hour and spy on you! My God...that is ENTRAPMENT!

I hope you're joking. If not, then I'm so glad I dropped that interview like it's hot. ;)

they will report every word you say during happy hour.

Hello everyone,

I feel obligated to write something since I've been reading the comments on this forum. I'm an MS4 applying for path residency.

Interviews I have:
Wash U: this monday
U of Minnesota
U of Washington
Stanford
Yale
Cornell
UCLA: they didn't respond with a date yet. I'm in the same situation as you are sequela. I'll be happy if I could get December since I'll be in Southern CA.

So far no rejections. :)

Still waiting on a few other programs.

Some how the programs that are lower on my list haven't given me interviews yet while some of the ones that I thought were long shots gave me early invitations, like within 5 days-2weeks of turning in my incomplete application. It's getting kind of scary since most of the programs I've gotten interviews at are pretty competitive = I might not get in anywhere. I also sent in my application a little later than most of you in the forum (Oct. 12 then a week later decide to apply to Yale and Wash U). It's only been a little over 3 weeks... I just don't have the virtue of patience when it comes to waiting for responses.

I do have a question about Stanford that maybe someone can answer: I heard from a path resident at my school today who have interviewed at Stanford last year that they prefer to rank people that have done away rotations at Stanford. After the resident sent a letter saying he'll be ranking Stanford #1, Stanford's PD told him people who did rotations at Stanford are rank higher (implying he shouldn't get his hopes up?). This resident seems well qualified, had the letters, the grades, AOA. The resident decided to stay in the same area as med school due to family and ranked Stanford as #2. Why would they interview 60 people last year if they only wanted the ones who did away rotations? Any idea to the validity of this away rotation in relations to ranking at Stanford?

I thank everyone for the info posted here. Good luck to all those applying/interviewing out there!
I believe another fellow resident (annalee) address the last point about stanford, and i fully second annalee's statement. Just b/c you do a rotation out here doesn't guarantee you a slot next year. It can help, and above all, it's a great experience that i wish i would have done during medschool (no matter WHERE you end up, if you work hard, you'll learn a ton and which will help during residency anywhere). Doing a rotation for month is also a great opportunity to shine as well, and it's not as if stanford is snotty about often taking people that have rotated, to be honest, they're just being smart. Hell, if you can test drive an uber-expensive car before actually blowing a wad of $$ (choosing a resident is indeed a Hugh Jass decision for a program), why wouldn't you? As stated before, this year we have had fewer peeps come to rotate, which does mean that we probably will select more non-rotators. But again, some rotators were awesome and i'm sure a shoe-in for next year; some (one in particular) will not be coming here next year. I think they just want people passionate about path above all, and if you're decently smart, friendly and easy to get along with, and happen to show in some way or another that you want to come to stanford, and, fit in here, you should have no problem in the match. If you're fake about any or all of above, you'll need hella luck no matter where you're shooting for. I'm totally happy here and love the residents, faculty, and program.

+1

UT-Memphis by telephone.

So here's my tally for the season:

Completed:
  • Baystate/Tufts
  • ETSU
  • Yale
  • WVU
  • U of Louisville

Soon to be completed:
  • U Kansas Med Ctr
  • Indiana U
  • U Nebraska Med Ctr
  • OSU
  • UT Memphis
  • Allegheny Gen

Anencephalic
How was baystate? I'm going there for an interview next month...

Anencephalic
How was baystate? I'm going there for an interview next month...

I liked the program alot. Friendly and enthusiastic faculty, good resident camaraderie, nice facilities. Couldn't find too much in the way of negatives, other than the resident room was slightly cramped, but not unbearably so.

PM me if you need more info!

Okay did anyone ever hear from brown. . . I know I'm trying to bump this thread up. I'm not even at the half way point in interviewing. Still have seven to go. I was wondering if anyone else felt like people lied to you when they said fourth year was great. I feel like I'm sitting on pins and needles interviewing and waiting for match day. Agony

Okay did anyone ever hear from brown. . . . I feel like I'm sitting on pins and needles interviewing and waiting for match day. Agony

Nope...haven't heard from them.

I agree with your sentiment re: match day.

On the other hand, I've completed all of my interviews and glad to be done with them...;)

Okay did anyone ever hear from brown. . . I know I'm trying to bump this thread up. I'm not even at the half way point in interviewing. Still have seven to go.

I had received an interview invitation from Brown in early October. My interview was scheduled for early this month. I ended up not going, so I'm not sure how many people they are interviewing or taking.

Yep. I interviewed up there recently. Nice place. Very friendly. Good surgpath - high volume (they work long hours, I believe) and adequate clinpath, probably; although I don't know much about clinpath. I am applying AP/CP. The Chair is a very nice individual and the PD is super friendly. The residents seem happy. The facilities are nice. They have a few fellowships and seem to be successful getting their grads into competitive fellowships elsewhere - but you have to be a "go getter" to get this done, I suspect. I sensed that they feel that they work in the shadow of the big Boston programs; just a sense. As point of comparison, I've also interviewed at Penn, Pennsylvania Hospital (Brown is bigger), Yale, Brigham, BI, MGH.

has anyone written a pd to tell of their interest in the progrm and try to get an interview? I have yet to hear from 4 programs, obly 1 of which i care about. i am trying to decide if and when i should write the pd.
Yup- & it worked. She told me that I bumped another applicant. I'm glad I did, it's a nice program.

i heard some bad things about it long time ago. can anyone have any thoughts?