Interview Dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mw8791

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the range of dates that the ophtho residency interviews usually take place? Are they mostly in December or do a lot fall in November?

Members don't see this ad.

mw8791 said:
Does anyone know the range of dates that the ophtho residency interviews usually take place? Are they mostly in December or do a lot fall in November?

Interviews will take place from Oct. - Dec.

Iowa is interviewing:
November 19, 2004
December 10, 2004
December 17, 2004

BTW, welcome to the forum! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I think Andrew and Redhawk pretty much answered your question. But from what i recall from last year, interviews started at the end of october, though the majority were in the second 1/2 of november and first 1/2 of december...there were also a couple of programs that interviewed in early january. Hope this helps.

Just out of curiousity, would it be at all feasible to schedule most of my interviews after december 12th?? The reason I ask is b/c that's when I'll hear if matched into one of the army's ophtho program.

You could probably only do MAYBE ~4 (6 if you're REALLY lucky) interviews after December 12, and that's assuming you have a couple in early January (which a small number of programs offer).