Interview experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heathermed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I remember reading a place where people reviewed their experience during interviews, but I couldn't find it. I just wanted to start one and I'm hoping people will add their experiences and impressions.

SUNY Upstate: had my first anesthesia interview last wednesday here and didn't really know what to expect. I really liked the people there except a few residents were very evasive about some of the standard questions. I asked one of the residents the normal "are you happy here". He just gave me a blank look and said "it could be worse". I hate it when they act all secretive. They seemed nice but I don't think I'd be a good fit. Everyone seemed very conservative. Anyway, they looked very busy and tired. Syracuse is not a fun town, but they have the university and I could learn to like it. A lot of FMG faculty. I talked to one of them and he seemed very smart, but some things were lost in communication. I don't really have anything to compare this to so maybe I just don't know what to look for. Will get a better idea after another interview next week. At this point, will rank, but not very high. Good practice I guess.

Members don't see this ad.

2 places I can think of for interview feedback: 1. Scutwork.com and 2. check the "interview feeback" link at the very top of the page in the blue line that goes across. You can post your interview experience there. It's pretty useful.

lol... the link at the top was exactly what i was looking for!
thanks!