Interview Feedback

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrincessCKNY

Crown Royal Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Warning: Venting will follow...

Why doesn't anyone ever put down what questions they were asked??? I mean, that is the point of the whole thing. I really hope that this isn't a competitive move to screw another fellow applicant. God...I hoped I had left all that competitive B.S. behind when I finished undergrad.

I understand that some people can't remember, or have put down questions themselves. But the majority of the entries are blank. I am sure everyone has their own resources, but the point of the page is to make it a convenience and a service to others. Yes, service...that thing that we swore we would uphold as physicians. Sheesh.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I was disappointed w/ interviewfeedback too. I've learned more @ interviews by doing searches in the allo forum. Plus, here you can pm folks w/ questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really try to post questions I've been asked, but sometimes the combination of nervousness from the interview and delay in gettin to a computer cause me to forget. Sorry!

Granted, I may look like a hypocrite because I did not post any questions myself. BUT I at least referred them to the post where I discussed the questions in detail. I just thought it would be redundant.

Just a little frustrating. I always feel bad for bugging med students asking about their interview. I always seem to catch them in the middle of studying for an exam, and I hate interrupting their study time.

Originally posted by Woots32
I really try to post questions I've been asked, but sometimes the combination of nervousness from the interview and delay in gettin to a computer cause me to forget. Sorry!

No no! Don't apologize. I know it's hard to remember every detail. It just seems unlikely THAT many people would forget, especially when they post fairly soon after their interview. Just a little suspicious to me.

feeling guilty about your post, i have just entered interview information with all questions that were asked of me. just letting you know your guilt trip is working.

Originally posted by jwin
feeling guilty about your post, i have just entered interview information with all questions that were asked of me. just letting you know your guilt trip is working.

That wasn't my intent, but thank you! :)

Well it seems that everyone is taking their cutesy tootsy black binders to the interview. Why not open the badass binder immediately following the interview and jot down a few notes about the questions. Put those badass binders to use boys and girls!!!

This is when people who haven't been interviewed say

"Thank God ....

for not interviewing me yet, she wasn't referring to me..."

Heheh j/k

Rt

Originally posted by PrincessCKNY
Why doesn't anyone ever put down what questions they were asked??? I mean, that is the point of the whole thing. I really hope that this isn't a competitive move to screw another fellow applicant. God...I hoped I had left all that competitive B.S. behind when I finished undergrad.

This is a free forum where people volunteer their ideas and experiences. You can suggest that people do this, but you almost sound like you have a sense of entitlement to people's feedback. I don't really like this attitude.

Your assumption that people are trying to screw you isn't necessarily true, and it could be that people are busy or they don't know about SDN interview feedback or they don't remember or some other legitimate reason.

Plus, you can always search through the forums, which have tons of useful information. Yes, it takes more work, but you're supposed to be doing work.

I think its because people are nervous and tend to forget what happened.

CKNY's post is reasonable and has a lot of truths to it. Though not providing questions comes from other reasons in addition to the ones described. Competitiveness might be one, but ignorance, laziness, or even fear of identification are also possible.

It's good to take an opinion as it is and do what we can to help.

Rt

I don't know about anyone else's interviews, but I rarely get asked specific questions.............maybe an initial question about my personal statement (which I wouldn't post to interview feedback). After that, it is all a 30-120 minute conversation. I never feel like I am interrogated, but maybe that is just me. I have filled out feedback for 6/7 interviews, and when I come to the questions section, I wonder if I can't remember being asked questions.

Originally posted by Random Access
This is a free forum where people volunteer their ideas and experiences. You can suggest that people do this, but you almost sound like you have a sense of entitlement to people's feedback. I don't really like this attitude.

Your assumption that people are trying to screw you isn't necessarily true, and it could be that people are busy or they don't know about SDN interview feedback or they don't remember or some other legitimate reason.

Plus, you can always search through the forums, which have tons of useful information. Yes, it takes more work, but you're supposed to be doing work.

I acknowledged the fact that people can't remember, or don't have real questions asked of them. If that's the case, then maybe people should write that down (which some have..."more like a conversation."). Because you probably failed to read my post closely, the fact that I mentioned people screwing others was not an assumption, but just a theory. Also, you probably didn't notice that I already mentioned that you could search through the forums. Sometimes, that's just not enough and you need the in-depth feedback of just 1 or 2 people that have been interviewed.

And, yes, people are not obligated to do it. But when everyone assumes that someone else will volunteer information, nothing gets done. Sometimes, the issue needs to be brought up so people are aware of what is going on and can volunteer their information, when they would not have normally done so.

BTW, you don't have to like my attitude. I was just venting some frustrations and was wondering if I was the only one. Hence, the disclaimer at the beginning.

It has been several weeks since my last interview, and I remember it like it was yesterday. It is just the feedback w/ only the bare minimum (date, one-on-one, and open/closed file) that get to me.

Originally posted by tryingagain
Well it seems that everyone is taking their cutesy tootsy black binders to the interview. Why not open the badass binder immediately following the interview and jot down a few notes about the questions. Put those badass binders to use boys and girls!!!

that's what i've done. usually on the flight back i'll jot ( ;) ) some stuff down.

I've filled out a few of the feedback forms and left the interview questions part blank. I do this because most of the questions at these interviews pertain to me and my secondary, or are standard ethical questions which either will change or are common enough to figure out on the fly. I usually say so in the narrative section anyway.

Why would anyone who actually took the time to fill out the feedback form be under suspicion for being 'competitive' and trying to screw other applicants if they didn't fill out the specific questions? Isn't the fact that they actually submitted feedback *at all* tell you otherwise?

Sheesh.

- Tae

Because you probably failed to read my post closely, the fact that I mentioned people screwing others was not an assumption, but just a theory.

You mentioned the screwing people part twice, the 2nd when you said:

It just seems unlikely THAT many people would forget, especially when they post fairly soon after their interview. Just a little suspicious to me.

Hence, I decided it was more than a theory, or you wouldn't have mentioned it again.

BTW, you don't have to like my attitude. I was just venting some frustrations and was wondering if I was the only one.

I think it's possible to vent without accusing people.

I know that SDN is supposed to be putting up the original Interview Feedback site, but does anyone know when. It seems like there was first talk about it months ago. I know there are a number of schools that have almost no SDN feedback, but I remember seeing a decent amount of feedback on the IntervewFeedback site when it was up and running. Hopefully we'll get it soon.