Interview for TUFTS,,,Where is a good place to stay?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pibozh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my friends and future Collegues;

I have my interview in TUFTS coming up. I was wondering if you have any suggestions where I should stay. Unfortunately school didn't sent out any hotel names with their invitation and I am not anywhere close to Boston.

Please let me know, If you know any hotel that would pick you up from airport and also give you ride to school, or any kind of contact information to hotels that you went for your interview.

Thanks you so much

Members don't see this ad.

Here's a website with some helpful tips on what to bid on priceline to get cheap hotels in boston.

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingboston

Usually it'll put you in downtown (<70$ for a really nice hotel!) which is fine. From the airport take the T (~3$) to whatever stop is closest to your hotel and thenwalk, but DON't take a taxi from the airport it's expensive. And then the reverse when going back to the airport. YOu'll have to take a taxi to the medical center where Tuft's has its dental school, but that's not bad. That's the cheapest method that I can think of. Best of luck to you!

You can take the T and walk to Tufts, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
ineeddds said:
Here's a website with some helpful tips on what to bid on priceline to get cheap hotels in boston.

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingboston

Usually it'll put you in downtown (<70$ for a really nice hotel!) which is fine. From the airport take the T (~3$) to whatever stop is closest to your hotel and thenwalk, but DON't take a taxi from the airport it's expensive. And then the reverse when going back to the airport. YOu'll have to take a taxi to the medical center where Tuft's has its dental school, but that's not bad. That's the cheapest method that I can think of. Best of luck to you!

Thanks alot for your advice. what is T though?is it subway?

pibozh said:
Thanks alot for your advice. what is T though?is it subway?

Ya, T is the subway. Basically you get out of the airport, look for the bus (it's free and I believe it's bus 88 though not positive) that's going to the T. Buy the cheap ticket and off you go. It's safe and you won't be alone since MANY people go from airport to the city this way.

Tufts is right at the Tufts/New England Medical Center stop on the Orange Line. The Doubletree hotel is across the street from the school, and there are a few other hotels closeby. You don't have to stay close to the school though, since the T stops right at it.

From the airport, take the bus straight from your terminal to the metro station then take the Blue Line (it's $1.25) into town but you are going to have to switch to get to Tufts.

Just ask for a metro map at the T-stop.

There IS a list of hotels that are in the invitation letter. The best deal seems to be the Milner Hotel (www.milnerhotels.com) that is 5 minutes walking from the school, is close to the subway, and is only 59 dollars per night with your invitation letter.

I'll be there on the 29th, how about you?

I think I'm going to try to book for the YWCA that they had listed in their list of hotels. It's supposed to be $50 a night I think... and they do have a floor for the guys also, if you're a dude. I'm not sure how close it is to the school though, although I'm assuming it's pretty close since it's one that they recommended.

eapleitez said:
There IS a list of hotels that are in the invitation letter. The best deal seems to be the Milner Hotel (www.milnerhotels.com) that is 5 minutes walking from the school, is close to the subway, and is only 59 dollars per night with your invitation letter.

Lol..mine is 29th too. Finally I will get to meet somebody from SDN..:thumbup: ..R u planning to stay in Milner? I didn't have a list of hotels with my letter...lucky me,huh? :)

LadyxJC said:
I think I'm going to try to book for the YWCA that they had listed in their list of hotels. It's supposed to be $50 a night I think... and they do have a floor for the guys also, if you're a dude. I'm not sure how close it is to the school though, although I'm assuming it's pretty close since it's one that they recommended.

Boston is a small city, if you stay in Back Bay or Downtown area you are fine. There are planty of cabs and it's not that expensive. Also the T is great.

pibozh said:
Lol..mine is 29th too. Finally I will get to meet somebody from SDN..:thumbup: ..R u planning to stay in Milner? I didn't have a list of hotels with my letter...lucky me,huh? :)

I am staying at the Milner. I think I'll be checkin in around 8 pm or so.

Does anyone, who is familiar with the area, know how far/close the YWCA that Tufts recommended is? Is it walkable distance and if not, is it accessible via the T?

eapleitez said:

hey! I was at tufts on the 7th and I stayed at the Milner. It's a decent place and really close to the school...a 5 minute walk. The only thing is that the room is like a closet. literally. It just barely fits the twin bed. I mean, it's no big deal for one night but I just thought I'd give you a heads up. It was a surprise for me.

LadyxJC said:
Does anyone, who is familiar with the area, know how far/close the YWCA that Tufts recommended is? Is it walkable distance and if not, is it accessible via the T?

The YMCA is actually really close. I remember seeing it when I was walking around and exploring the day before my interview. It's right across from the New England Medical Center, I think. You could definitely walk.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Milner Hotel (http://www.milner-hotels.com/boston.html) I stayed there for my interview on Nov 18th, and it's CHEAP ($60 if you mention and BRING your interview letter - don't forget it! they photocopy it!), there are tons of restaurants for dinner, they give you breakfast, and it's a 5-minute walk from Tufts. Just like Mayo123 says, the rooms are tiny, but it's definitely worth it...sort of like a European Hostel-style setup. You do get your own bathroom, which I believe isn't true at the WYCA or WMCA?

And if you have money pouring out your ears because Buffalo hasn't cashed your check yet :))), the Raddison is right across the street from the Milner.

I'mFillingFine said:
I would HIGHLY recommend the Milner Hotel (http://www.milner-hotels.com/boston.html) I stayed there for my interview on Nov 18th, and it's CHEAP ($60 if you mention and BRING your interview letter - don't forget it! they photocopy it!), there are tons of restaurants for dinner, they give you breakfast, and it's a 5-minute walk from Tufts. Just like Mayo123 says, the rooms are tiny, but it's definitely worth it...sort of like a European Hostel-style setup. You do get your own bathroom, which I believe isn't true at the WYCA or WMCA?

And if you have money pouring out your ears because Buffalo hasn't cashed your check yet :))), the Raddison is right across the street from the Milner.

How many interviewers do you interview with at Tufts? I checked out the interview feedbacks but there are very few posted recently. Also, if there's anything in particular about the interview at Tufts in comparison to other schools, it would be greatly appreciated if shared. I have my interview in 2 days and am still trying to decide if I should go...

LadyxJC said:
How many interviewers do you interview with at Tufts? I checked out the interview feedbacks but there are very few posted recently. Also, if there's anything in particular about the interview at Tufts in comparison to other schools, it would be greatly appreciated if shared. I have my interview in 2 days and am still trying to decide if I should go...

Why wouldnt you go? Tufts is a great school and Boston has a lot to offer.

Rezdawg said:
Why wouldnt you go? Tufts is a great school and Boston has a lot to offer.

Honestly, I know very little about Tufts, although I do hear that it's a great school via word of mouth. Also, I do agree that Boston has a lot to offer... I've been there twice already within a month to attend interviews at Harvard and BU, both of which I loved. But I guess I'm kinda getting tired of traveling and I am overloaded with work that I've been missing in my classes. I've been trying to decide for weeks now... :confused:

LadyxJC said:
Honestly, I know very little about Tufts, although I do hear that it's a great school via word of mouth. Also, I do agree that Boston has a lot to offer... I've been there twice already within a month to attend interviews at Harvard and BU, both of which I loved. But I guess I'm kinda getting tired of traveling and I am overloaded with work that I've been missing in my classes. I've been trying to decide for weeks now... :confused:

I see, going to Boston 3 times may be overkill. Good luck.

Hey I stayed in a Wyndham in the "financial district" sorta near the aquarium and whatnot. It was really nice, big rooms, very new/renovated looking rooms, maybe 4 stars, and it was like 89 or 99 w/ priceline. Boston is really compact so honestly dont be worried about staying like a half mile away from the school, I feel like I walked across most of the city in like 20 minutes. Anywhere you are is pretty close, look up a subway map online and maybe a street map so you can figure out where everything is. The subway is easy to figure out (i'm from NC) and you can get off I think at the New England school of medicine or Chinatown stop, both of which are very close to the school. Good luck