Interview Invitations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rjhtamu

Stargazer Royale
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that some of the Texas schools have already sent out some early invitations. Should we expect others this soon as well, or do they usually not come out until later?

Members don't see this ad.

My HP advisor said that A&M starts interviewing in mid-Aug (the earliest of the TX schools) so it's plausible that some students might have received invitations...but I'm a bit skeptical. The other TX schools start interviewing in Sept.

the school that was mentioned was TCOM, and I really don't know much at all about thier interviewing schedule

Members don't see this ad :)
TCOM is a D.O. school not an M.D. I didn't know you were including TCOM so maybe they have sent out interview invites.

I received an invitation from Southwestern in mid August (only a few days after my application was transmitted and certified according to the TMDSAS site). I heard from UTMB in late August. I submitted my application on July 1st last year.

In the future, I would suggest specifically mentioning "TEXAS" in your topic lines since there are so few Texans who read this board.

I have applied to AMCAS as well, so I was including all schools. TCOM, although an DO school, is also combined with the MD schools on the same application in Texas, so they may also have similar procedures.

I got an interview letter from UT Houston about a week ago (after my TMDSAS went thru on the 26th of june...they were pretty quick). I also heard TCOM has sent out invitations as well. As for the other Texas schools, i don't expect any invitations for a few weeks.