Interview Invites after 10/16?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alwaysaangel

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, does any one have any info on whether a lot of interview invites come out suddenly after the first acceptances?

It seems like a lot people will withdraw from their 'safety' schools once they have a better acceptance. So it seems to me like a lot of interview invites should go out shortly after because of all the withdrawing that occurs?

True or false?

Members don't see this ad.

if i get accepted saturday night, at least 2 interview invites will be opening up. who knows when they will give them to someone else, though.

if i get accepted saturday night, at least 2 interview invites will be opening up. who knows when they will give them to someone else, though.

Yeah I guess they still review at the same speed - but there might be several more immediate invites going out (which on second thought would kind of suck due to plane ticket prices).

So anyone opinions other than this guy and the troll?

Members don't see this ad :)
to this effect, does anybody know if there are distinct "waves" of interview invites or are invites given out with some form of consistency? thanks.

On this same vein of thought how many people know they will be dropping already scheduled interviews if they get an acceptance on 10/15? And how do you feel about it?

I scheduled two for November and a part of me feels like since they scheduled me and sent my info packets I should at least show the courtesy of going. But I know thats silly since they have lots of other interested applicants that they could offer interviews to.

On this same vein of thought how many people know they will be dropping already scheduled interviews if they get an acceptance on 10/15? And how do you feel about it?

I scheduled two for November and a part of me feels like since they scheduled me and sent my info packets I should at least show the courtesy of going. But I know thats silly since they have lots of other interested applicants that they could offer interviews to.

If I get accepted next week, I will withdraw two applications and one interview. It's just based off the logic that I would rather go to the school that accepted me than the one I am holding an interview for, so I don't feel too bad.

I know it runs counter to the manners we've all been taught, but I don't think you're doing anybody a courtesy by showing up to an interview without any real intention of going to the school. The schools invest a fair amount in its interviewees and expect that the people they meet are serious about the possibility of attending.