Position Wanted Interview invites and dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lebanesepharmacist

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So programs started sending invitations and I received two invites till now. I scheduled the first one on feb 11. For the second interview invite I got, the only options close to the first one are feb 4 and feb 19. I can only miss 1 week of my APPE rotation, and I am travelling from abroad. I did not confirm the second invite date yet. Not to forget, there might be more interview invites coming in since I applied to many more.

Can anybody give any advice when managing interview invites? Should I respond fast if it’s not a top choice? And if I don’t respond fast and get no other invites, could I lose a chance to interview if dates get taken due to late reply?

I’m confused, and some of my tops did not answer yet. Any insights would help.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you need to have a conversation with your preceptor for next month and/or your school. I have never begrudged our students leaving for interviews since I generally want them to be successful. We are all but instructed to do whatever possible to allow students to go to interviews. It definitely different applying from abroad but your ACPE accredited school should have already taken this into account.

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like you need to have a conversation with your preceptor for next month and/or your school. I have never begrudged our students leaving for interviews since I generally want them to be successful. We are all but instructed to do whatever possible to allow students to go to interviews. It definitely different applying from abroad but your ACPE accredited school should have already taken this into account.

They allow for a week, they’re a bit strict. But a week is so little when interviews are this spread out and not feasible to be consecutive. I will have a talk with the school tomorrow to extend it to 2 weeks I guess.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it :)

So programs started sending invitations and I received two invites till now. I scheduled the first one on feb 11. For the second interview invite I got, the only options close to the first one are feb 4 and feb 19. I can only miss 1 week of my APPE rotation, and I am travelling from abroad. I did not confirm the second invite date yet. Not to forget, there might be more interview invites coming in since I applied to many more.

Can anybody give any advice when managing interview invites? Should I respond fast if it’s not a top choice? And if I don’t respond fast and get no other invites, could I lose a chance to interview if dates get taken due to late reply?

I’m confused, and some of my tops did not answer yet. Any insights would help.

Thank you!

Congrats on your invites! Where did you get invites to if you don't mind us asking!
Just talk to your preceptor and they should be able to give you enough time to get here and back. Where would you be traveling from?