PGY-1 interview invites (2019-2020)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Question... I was offered an interview to a program about 6 hours away on the 15th. Immediately emailed back with my date preferences. Was offered an interview with a program about an hour from there yesterday. Is it rude to wait to respond to the second until I know when my date is for the first to prevent making that drive first? Or should I just suck it up and not risk it.
If I am being completely honest I would respond RIGHT away. Give different dates if you can. You don't want to make it look like you don't want to interview there. 2 sites that had me rank dates waited 1-2 weeks before confirming which date I was assigned. I did, however, get my first choice date for both.

Members don't see this ad.

If I am being completely honest I would respond RIGHT away. Give different dates if you can. You don't want to make it look like you don't want to interview there. 2 sites that had me rank dates waited 1-2 weeks before confirming which date I was assigned. I did, however, get my first choice date for both.
(ie you may need to wait a while to find out the date of the other interview. So I wouldn't wait. who knows they may tell you right away but if they have lots of interviewees it does take a while for them to organize everything.)

Interview invite from Jefferson Medical center in West Virginia

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome birthday present today phone invite from MUSC! 1/18

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Rejection from Riverside medical center. 5 Interviews 1 rejection 2 programs where I am still waiting to hear back from.

Anyone hear from Childrens Health in Dallas or Texas Childrens for Pgy 1?

Invite from Cooks Childrens on 1/11
but silence from those 2

Has anyone heard from Emory University Hospital Midtown PGY1?

Has anybody heard from palmetto health Richland inpatient?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone got the rejection email from chicago medical center?

How come the google sheet shows some of the programs I applied to have sent their invites and rejections, but I haven’t gotten anything from them :thinking:

How come the google sheet shows some of the programs I applied to have sent their invites and rejections, but I haven’t gotten anything from them :thinking:

They’ve got you as backup! Aka, waitlisted

Did anyone receive an interview/rejection from Cambridge Health Alliance or VA Pittsburgh?

Anyone gear from Harper University (DMC)
I saw someone put it on the google sheet but nobody put interview dates or rejection. Haven’t gotten a rejection yet which I find odd given how late it is.

Anyone gear from Harper University (DMC)
I saw someone put it on the google sheet but nobody put interview dates or rejection. Haven’t gotten a rejection yet which I find odd given how late it is.

I received an interview invite from them on 1/14. They may still be offering invites on a rolling basis if you haven't had heard from them yet!

Has anyone heard from Methodist Dallas, Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas, UT Southwestern, or BSW Forth Worth for PGY1?

Hello, I looked at the 09-10 residency google doc. It said a program I applied to sent out rejection emails already and interview invites. However, they emailed me nothing. What does that mean?

Also, do they have a wait list or something? If they sent out interview invites and you didn't hear anything, does that mean you didn't get it?

Thanks

Has anyone heard back from St Joseph's/Candler in Savannah, GA? Only program I haven't heard anything from

Applied to 9 programs and received rejections from 8 thus far. Feeling pretty defeated at the moment. I am waiting on the last program, but I’m honestly not too optimistic. Will definitely be participating in the phase 2 and scramble if necessary.

Has anyone heard back from St Joseph's/Candler in Savannah, GA? Only program I haven't heard anything from
Looks like they already sent interview invites :( I was waiting on them too.

I’m waiting on the following:
Lee memorial
St. Vincent
Bayfront St. Petersburg
Mease countryside

If anyone hears back from St. Joseph's in Savannah, please post on here. From what I've heard, they met later than the google doc indicated. I'm not sure how reliable the source was or if they made selections on a rolling basis. I'm thinking I have been rejected at this point, but I am antsy to know either way.

Applied to 9 programs and received rejections from 8 thus far. Feeling pretty defeated at the moment. I am waiting on the last program, but I’m honestly not too optimistic. Will definitely be participating in the phase 2 and scramble if necessary.

I’m feeling the same (though I don’t want to compare) - applied to 10, interviews for 2. I was rejected by 3 within the past 24hr haha and still haven’t heard from one, don’t think I will.

I’m also feeling pretty defeated and realize I don’t have much room to talk. But my worry and anxiety has put me in the place of thinking about Phase 2, scramble, etc... if I don’t match, I will definitely enter both. I’m glad to hear you’ll do the same, too. By then I would really hope most of us would match! I’ve thought about what I’d do if I didn’t match since I want to specialize and go on to a PGY-2... so I hear you.

But as my boyfriend has reiterated to me time and time again: everyone gets from point A to point B although it’s never a straight shot. Some have more stops than others along the road, but if it’s truly what you love and want to do, those stops will go by sooner than you think.

I wish you the very best of luck and the biggest bolus dose of encouragement and strength possible! We will get there someday.

Hello, I looked at the 09-10 residency google doc. It said a program I applied to sent out rejection emails already and interview invites. However, they emailed me nothing. What does that mean?

Also, do they have a wait list or something? If they sent out interview invites and you didn't hear anything, does that mean you didn't get it?

Thanks

Hey there, this was explained to me as you being in the “middle group” or those that are similar to a wait list. In other words, if they don’t hear from their first choices, they’ll move on to those in the “middle group.”

This happened to me, I was just rejected from 4 places within the past 24 hours haha.

I also learned it’s completely normal to NEVER hear back from programs, which I think is absolutely unacceptable and unprofessional for the amount of time, effort, and money we put into these apps... but sadly, it’s the truth.

The dates I heard on for regular PGY-1s:

Interviews:
1/7 Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI)
1/16 University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy (Chicago, IL)

Rejections:
1/11 University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics (Iowa City, IA)
1/14 Vanderbilt University Hospital (Nashville, TN)
1/14 Northwestern Memorial (Chicago, IL)
1/17 Beaumont Hospital (Royal Oak, MI)
1/27 Rush University (Chicago, IL - apparently their largest applicant pool in history!)
1/28 University of Wisconsin Health (Madison, WI)
1/28 Indiana University Health (Indianapolis, IN)

No Communication:
Henry Ford Hospital (Detroit, MI)

Keep hope. I applied to 16, rejections from 13, interview with 1, and the other 2 already sent out interview invites. It was definitely disheartening to get all the rejections, and the not hearing anything is really awful too (although 1 place has apparently sent out invites & rejections & I've heard nothing, so maybe there's still hope on that one). I had 2 top places and the interview I got was at one of them! I fell even more in love with it during the interview. I'm so nervous about not matching, but I've made up my mind I'll do phase 2 and the scramble as well if absolutely necessary. I just doubt I'll be able to get the sort of PGY1 specialty I want in those pickings, and be left with more general PGY1s, but at least there's always PGY2 to do more specialty, and I can always look for PGY1s that have rotations in what I want.
Anyways, good luck, and keep hope. I am not a great on paper applicant, but I'm confident in my ability to succeed in the real world. Allow yourself a time to be sad/disheartened from rejections, and then move on and have the confidence you will be awesome. Use it as extra motivation to excel at your rotations you are doing now. Remember the reason why you want to do pharmacy and what it means to you, and don't give up on your dreams.

Keep hope. I applied to 16, rejections from 13, interview with 1, and the other 2 already sent out interview invites. It was definitely disheartening to get all the rejections, and the not hearing anything is really awful too (although 1 place has apparently sent out invites & rejections & I've heard nothing, so maybe there's still hope on that one). I had 2 top places and the interview I got was at one of them! I fell even more in love with it during the interview. I'm so nervous about not matching, but I've made up my mind I'll do phase 2 and the scramble as well if absolutely necessary. I just doubt I'll be able to get the sort of PGY1 specialty I want in those pickings, and be left with more general PGY1s, but at least there's always PGY2 to do more specialty, and I can always look for PGY1s that have rotations in what I want.
Anyways, good luck, and keep hope. I am not a great on paper applicant, but I'm confident in my ability to succeed in the real world. Allow yourself a time to be sad/disheartened from rejections, and then move on and have the confidence you will be awesome. Use it as extra motivation to excel at your rotations you are doing now. Remember the reason why you want to do pharmacy and what it means to you, and don't give up on your dreams.

I like your optimism. With all the rejections I received, I have been feeling very dejected and depressed, and don't feel like trying anymore.

Just got another rejection. Now there is only 1 place I haven't heard from, and it shows on the google doc that they sent out invites and rejections. So this has me in a place of wanting to half hold on to hope, but whoever put it in didn't put in interview dates. (University of North Carolina Am Care PGY1 for reference) UNC has a lot of programs, and although this one is clearly marked, I'm curious if someone mistakenly put the rejection date there. I'm getting more and more anxious as the days go by.

Just got another rejection. Now there is only 1 place I haven't heard from, and it shows on the google doc that they sent out invites and rejections. So this has me in a place of wanting to half hold on to hope, but whoever put it in didn't put in interview dates. (University of North Carolina Am Care PGY1 for reference) UNC has a lot of programs, and although this one is clearly marked, I'm curious if someone mistakenly put the rejection date there. I'm getting more and more anxious as the days go by.

Hi I applied to the UNC program and got a rejection on 1/17. not sure if thats what the google doc says, maybe theres still hope for you!

Has anyone received a rejection from Corpus Christi Medical Center? I haven't heard back, but thought they would send a rejection letter at least; they emailed me when they got my application saying they'll let me know my status :(