Interview Invites from Left Field

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

unfrozencaveman

not a dude
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys-

I'm seeing a lot of confused April MCAT/early August completion-ers (etc) wondering whether to throw in the towel, or whether they'll be called up to the show anytime soon.

If you get a random, out of nowhere invite from somewhere, post away. Keep the hope alive!

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

definitely dont give up yet. interviews for august mcaters come in in bulk in december and january. dont let the biased and skewed student doctor august mcat thread convince u otherwise.

I was an april MCATer-- I think for us, the main sweep has passed, but there still seem to be a few randoms here and there...

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG, I did get an invite from LFMS! (Left Field Medical School) I was an August 2004 MCAT taker, and they finally got around to reviewing my app! It came by email today! Anyone else here interviewing at LFMS???

QofQuimica said:
OMG, I did get an invite from LFMS! (Left Field Medical School) I was an August 2004 MCAT taker, and they finally got around to reviewing my app! It came by email today! Anyone else here interviewing at LFMS???

i'll be there on april 1st...anyone else?

Yargh. It was exactly a post like that where that guy called me a "douche", Q. No sense of humor!

QofQuimica said:
Figures, LFMS are total number ******. Good luck at your interview, though.

No worries. I was COMPLETE at the University of Rochester back in July, and just got an interview invite today.

That's 5 months later!

Doko said:
No worries. I was COMPLETE at the University of Rochester back in July, and just got an interview invite today.

That's 5 months later!

Now THAT's what I'm talkin bout.

I just got an invite from CWRU last week... April MCATer, had LOR's in 9/6. They never did change my status to complete before the offer, so, hell, I guess anything's possible.

unfrozencaveman said:
I was an april MCATer-- I think for us, the main sweep has passed, but there still seem to be a few randoms here and there...

i feel ya unfrozen. i am hoping for 15 schools to get back to me, and i am an april mcater with only one interview so far. it's easy to feel discouraged, so hopefully this thread will help!

Doko said:

That's 5 months later!

Now this gives me hope! Rochester is one of the schools that I am really counting on, and not having heard from them really discourages me. (I've been complete since late August). When is your interview schedueld for?

I got one from Duke over the weekend, was complete in mid-October (so a 3.5 month turn-around).

I would think that there would be a push now; since all applications with Dec 1 deadlines are in, give some time to look over them, allow for the holidays, and then they'll fill up their interview slots. I could be wrong...

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an April MCATer and I just got an invite yesterday for a school I was complete with on 08/01

Doko said:

That's 5 months later!
YAYYYY CONGRATS!! I've been complete since July there too and haven't heard yet, even though they've sent out a couple batches of rejections already. hoping for some good news soon!!

hey-

don't lose hope- a good friend of mine was a reapplicant last year (she didn't get in anywhere the year before) and the only thing she had changed in her app was her mcat score (up by one point) which she took in august so she didn't get her secondaries in until october. she got all her interviews in feb through april and got into 6 schools (not waitlisted, got in!), her gpa was a 3.4/mcat 29. so there's still plenty of time- it's not over until classes start next year right?

Got an invite from University of Chicago about a week ago (retook the MCAT in August)

Einstein.
Complete: Late-August.
Invite: Beg-Dec.
April MCAT.

emgirl said:
hey-

don't lose hope- a good friend of mine was a reapplicant last year (she didn't get in anywhere the year before) and the only thing she had changed in her app was her mcat score (up by one point) which she took in august so she didn't get her secondaries in until october. she got all her interviews in feb through april and got into 6 schools (not waitlisted, got in!), her gpa was a 3.4/mcat 29. so there's still plenty of time- it's not over until classes start next year right?

wow, which schools were these??
i am beginning to think that i applied to completely all the wrong schools!

Invite today from Dartmouth, submitted all of my materials around Sept 12. Interview scheduled for Jan 26th. :D And flights into Lebanon aren't nearly so expensive as I was led to believe . . . guess not too many people are going to NH in January . . . although I suppose a few might be trying to leave . . .

Doko said:

That's 5 months later!

Yea, I was complete at Rush 8/22 and they STILL have not even looked at my app yet. This is the story with ALL the schools (allo) to which I applied.

If I do get an interview at Rush, it will CERTAINLY be out of left field!

COME ON PEOPLE! At least look at my application! :mad:

Congrats to everyone who is getting these left field interviews - I will breathe a sigh of some relief for you....AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.

Who knows, maybe all of my interview invites are foul balls and that is why I have not caught any yet (if I have used this baseball vernacular incorrectly I apologize, you will have to forgive me, I am a soccer and hockey girl) :rolleyes:

Was compete in august (april mcater) just got an invite for interview today! keep the hope up!