Interview Invites Slowing Down?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serendpt1984

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have been complete in most of my schools for a month and a half or so, and not even complete (received an email that I was complete) in some.

I heard back from few schools with holds/rejections, and one interview at my state school.

However, I haven't heard from the other schools at all yet. I know some schools probably have silent rejections.. but I think Downstate, NYMC, GWU, Rosalind Franklin, etc don't..

Are the interview invites slowing down these days after October 15th?
What's going on?

any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Good question! I'm not sure either, they may interview less people as spots fill. It is still really early though, I'm sure they will pick up again!

I have to say, for the past couple weeks now, everything has like literarly slowed down to a halt for me. No more invites, or rejections. Nothing at all. But its still really (kinda) early..

Members don't see this ad :)
there supposedly was a record number of people who applied "early" this cycle so that might explain the slower pace.

I think interview invites are still going strong.

I received two last week (Rochester and NYMC). There are probably less invites going out than earlier in the fall, but I'm sure there are still a lot of invites still to be sent.

Mmm, I actually got 3 interviews post Oct. 15 - so I wouldnt say they are slowing down. I am assuming we are going to see a resurgence come November - with people withdrawing and etc...

With that being said:

Nothing from GW
Rejection from Rosalind
Nothing from Philly Schools
Nothing from Tulane, Toledo, UCF, Albany :(

I think interview invites are still going strong.

I received two last week (Rochester and NYMC). There are probably less invites going out than earlier in the fall, but I'm sure there are still a lot of invites still to be sent.
when were you complete at rochester and nymc?

i'm beginning to freak out. I've been complete for almost two months at a few schools and over a month at most of my schools. I have not heard ANYTHING in several weeks

i'm definitely freaking out also.. especially since everyone on SDN have been getting multiple interviews every week...

i'm definitely freaking out also.. especially since everyone on SDN have been getting multiple interviews every week...

Not true. It does feel this way, but you have to find a way to not let this site get you down and let it help you.:thumbup:

I remember reading a while back (about 7 years ago) in the Atlantic Monthly that undergraduate admissions at elite universities is so competitive and all the applicants are so qualified that after you take out the top 10%, you might as well just throw all the applications in the air and admit the ones that land face up.

I think med school admissions might be a lot like that. We're all good students with impressive experiences. Schools throw the applications in the air, and interview the ones who land face up. The ones that don't get saved for December or the Spring or maybe never.

For me, I've interviewed with two universities out of state that were supposed to be long shots, and I haven't heard anything from two schools in my own state that I thought were both a sure thing. I simply hope I get an early acceptance and make the other two schools pay for not interviewing me when they had the chance.

Mmm, I actually got 3 interviews post Oct. 15 - so I wouldnt say they are slowing down. I am assuming we are going to see a resurgence come November - with people withdrawing and etc...

With that being said:

Nothing from GW
Rejection from Rosalind
Nothing from Philly Schools
Nothing from Tulane, Toledo, UCF, Albany :(

I haven't heard anything from those schools either. I did call GW a couple weeks ago, they said I was on hold. My status on the online page still says "currently under review" though. The one month anniversary of silence for me is today. :(

I was complete at most of my schools in August. During the 2 weeks after I was complete, I got 7 invites in the span of 2 weeks. (I feel very fortunate) Since then, I haven't heard anything, well, Case Western recently had some good news for me. My impression is that the schools that were impressed with my app, sent me invites. The schools that were moderately impressed, and therefore didn't want to reject me, have just not responded. The schools that weren't impressed UChic and Boston, rejected me.

There is almost nothing you can do to change where you currently stand. Try to stay busy in other ways, and focus on whatever interviews you have. If you don't have any interviews, remember that this process goes on for another 7 months.

Not true. It does feel this way, but you have to find a way to not let this site get you down and let it help you.:thumbup:

It's a little easier to be Agreeable when you've interviewed nine times, wouldn't you say?

I sure hope it hasn't 'slowed down' as I have only had three invites so far out of the 200 schools I applied to

There are probably less invites going out than earlier in the fall, but I'm sure there are still a lot of invites still to be sent
There better be! If I don't get an interview there is a problem.