Interview Invites Still Going Out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

firefly2

Reaction score
I've seen on a couple of threads that some schools are still sending out II. Can this be? Is it because of the new rules? Or are these people just lying (why, though)?

I was surprised when I heard this....

@Goro
@gyngyn
@LizzyM
@gonnif

Members don't see this ad.

A very very small number of schools may be doing so. I received a II from California University of Science and Medicine two days ago... turned it down bc I’ve already planned to enroll elsewhere, but yeah I was totally shocked that the school was still interviewing so late in the game...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen on a couple of threads that some schools are still sending out II. Can this be? Is it because of the new rules? Or are these people just lying (why, though)?

I was surprised when I heard this....

@Goro
@gyngyn
@LizzyM
@gonnif
There indeed a couple of schools that are still sending out the occasional interview invite; my friend just got one for Seton Hall. It was worded something like "if you're still interested, we'd like to invite you to interview."

Reactions: 1 user
I got an II from SUNY Downstate in early/mid April which surprised me but I haven't heard of anyone I know getting II after that

That's the new DO school somewhere in the middle of CA. From what I hear their rotations are going to be limited.

This is NOT to be confused with the CalU MD school starting at Arrowhead Hospital.

Yeah I’m talking about the MD school.

Could you explain the difference between a for-profit and non profit school? Don’t all MD schools use tuition as profit?
The money goes different places. The incentive for non-profit is to make good doctors. The incentive for for-profit schools is just getting tuition. Hence why the for-profit carrib schools accept pretty much anyone. They don't care if you flunk-out.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow....can’t believe they’re still sending II. So, if someone still hasn’t received a pre II rejection until now, they’re considering sending an II? Or are they just too busy to send an official rejection....really weird

Wow....can’t believe they’re still sending II. So, if someone still hasn’t received a pre II rejection until now, they’re considering sending an II? Or are they just too busy to send an official rejection....really weird
Don't get your hopes up

Reactions: 1 users
It’s outrageous how some schools are also waitlisting applicants who haven’t even interviewed and cancelled their interview......this is totally unfair for many applicants who really wanted to be interviewed and accepted. What is going on this cycle?????