Interview List & Part 2 Prep/review: 2021 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I saw in my residency contract that the first day is July 1st, 2021. I don't see anywhere here when the orientation begins. I'm trying to look for when to move and when to start the apartment lease. How long are podiatry residency orientations????

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw in my residency contract that the first day is July 1st, 2021. I don't see anywhere here when the orientation begins. I'm trying to look for when to move and when to start the apartment lease. How long are podiatry residency orientations????
Some can be a month long.

Your hospital should have all of this information. Reach out to your residents first. Not sure how we would know more than them.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I just found this YouTube video that can be helpful for prepping for residency!

Reactions: 1 users

My contract has my start date as June 21, 2021. I'm assuming those extra days before July 1st are accounting for orientation/onboarding.

I found this doc in my class shared drive. I think it'll apply to residency also!

Attachments

• general_extern_guide_-_updated_11-26-14.pdf
    618 KB · Views: 137
For anyone planning on taking part 3 before residency starts! I found this discussion thread!

For anyone planning on taking part 3 before residency starts! I found this discussion thread!

Just signed up couple days ago.

Might as well get it out of the way. Would rather grind now than wait when residency hits and you are:
1- more tired
2- more sleepy
3- taking time away from important work to
4- sit your ass down and relearn how to cram

It sucks but I'd rather embrace the suck now than later when it'll suck even more.

Might as well get it out of the way. Would rather grind now than wait when residency hits and you are:
1- more tired
2- more sleepy

It sucks but I'd rather embrace the suck now than later when it'll suck even more.
Yup I agree lol!!

1- more tired
2- more sleepy

I agree. For a second I thought I would wait until December to take it bc my program would cover the costs without dipping into CME money but I don't think it's worth it. I just want to be done with it ASAP.

I agree. For a second I thought I would wait until December to take it bc my program would cover the costs without dipping into CME money but I don't think it's worth it. I just want to be done with it ASAP.
That's good thinking! I didn't know the program cover the cost! That would help a lot! I hope VA hospitals cover the cost also!

That's good thinking! I didn't know the program cover the cost! That would help a lot! I hope VA hospitals cover the cost also!

It's definitely program dependent. Ask the current residents!

• Wow
That's smart.

I thought of how busy the residents were and then they had to take time out and literally cram for it over a weekend before going to take it- and driving hella far just to take it.

At least now we can study at our own leisure without a bajillion other things going on.

• Wow
This might be a dumb questions lol, but if an attendee or senior resident asks you to work up an inpatient, what do you actually do? I mean their patient history is already in the chart and they're being followed up by other pods, ID, and other teams right???

Also, does someone have a good idea of where to get good videos on how to do a textbook version of a wound vaac and PNA????

Also, is there a book/manual or something that can be bought on eBay or amazon or something for high yield things for pod residents? There seems to be lots of stuff for MD's and DO's, but not for us foot docs

This might be a dumb questions lol, but if an attendee or senior resident asks you to work up an inpatient, what do you actually do? I mean their patient history is already in the chart and they're being followed up by other pods, ID, and other teams right???

Also, does someone have a good idea of where to get good videos on how to do a textbook version of a wound vaac and PNA????

Also, is there a book/manual or something that can be bought on eBay or amazon or something for high yield things for pod residents? There seems to be lots of stuff for MD's and DO's, but not for us foot docs
1) Assuming full H&P. Full body workup. Someone correct me- also curious and would like to know as much as possible before residency.

2) Best way I've been able to put them on is to learn the basics of how the sticky strips work/where to cut them, where to apply foam, how to swap out canister/lock lines for wound vac- then throw every advice people have given you out the window and do it in a way that works for you. Literally just get your hands in there and figure out how it works.

This sentence also applies to a lot of surgery stuff and really everything else. There is no right or wrong way to do it- as long as the desired result is the same.

3) No idea.