Interview Manual Dexterity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IllegalSeal

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so this is going to sound extremely nerdy, but whatever. In my free time I paint these little super detailed figurines. Would that be a good or bad thing to mention/ use as an example of manual dexterity? I feel like it would be, but I don’t want to seem weird or anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
First of all, who gives a rip what other people think hahaha. Second, that's going to look great on your app because it's something different that you don't see everyday. I assume it requires some precision when painting those little parts of the figures, so definitely definitely put it on your app.

No matter how you slice it, all of us who want to be/are dentists are a little nerdy. We enjoy science and learn about teeth all day haha

Reactions: 1 user
bro its a testament to your skills as a potential dental professional. who cares if its nerdy, this isnt high school lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all, who gives a rip what other people think hahaha. Second, that's going to look great on your app because it's something different that you don't see everyday. I assume it requires some precision when painting those little parts of the figures, so definitely definitely put it on your app.

No matter how you slice it, all of us who want to be/are dentists are a little nerdy. We enjoy science and learn about teeth all day haha

bro its a testament to your skills as a potential dental professional. who cares if its nerdy, this isnt high school lmao

I appreciate the advice guys. I’ll definitely put it on there haha.

This means very little for gaining acceptance for dental school. Plenty of people applying with fine motor skills too.

If you want to make it count, I would bring it with you and demonstrate. Perhaps even gifting it. Every interview I went on, someone bragged about some fine motor skill from knitting to model aeroplanes

You can probably add it to your app /PS. For bringing it with you, I mean why not if the topic comes up. Ive talked about my hobby of painting nail art in my app and interviews.

This means very little for gaining acceptance for dental school. Plenty of people applying with fine motor skills too.

If you want to make it count, I would bring it with you and demonstrate. Perhaps even gifting it. Every interview I went on, someone bragged about some fine motor skill from knitting to model aeroplanes

What he said^ LITERALLY. If you can bring it to your interview, demonstrate it, and maybe gift it. Dang will they remember that one! Definitely remember to stand out (in a positive way not idiotic) and you will have a good shot!