Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Interview prep

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gellybean, Dec 26, 2001.

1. gellybean

gellybean Member
    7+ Year Member

I want to start preparing for my interviews asap. Does anyone know of any websites that talk about
    issues facing the field of medicine...e.g. HMO's, medicare reform. I need to read up and brush up on these kinds of topics. Any advice? Thanks!

2. luckyduck

luckyduck Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Try doing a search on askjeeves.com - The links had a lot of relevant material. I tried "What is an HMO?" and went from there.

3. italianlove

italianlove Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey gellybean,

<a href="http://www.publicagenda.org" target="_blank">www.publicagenda.org</a> is a very good site for this sort of stuff! Hope this helps. Ciao.

4. DarksideAllstar

DarksideAllstar you can pay me in bud
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    HMO info...I read this book called "The Business Side of Medicine" It really clarified a lot of things. I think that you can order it off the American College of Physician Executives Website.

5. starplayer

starplayer Member
    7+ Year Member

italianlove,
    <a href="http://www.publicagenda.com" target="_blank">www.publicagenda.com</a> is an awesome site, thanks for sharing it
    -star