You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Interview Question for Guys: Cross Legs or Not?
Started by benzino
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I would sit up straight and not cross my legs. That's just me though - I don't know if that is the "proper" way or not, but it's just personal preference I guess. I think the most important thing is that you don't slouch. If you aren't comfortable with your legs uncrossed, then don't do it. You might come across as looking uncomfortable and that is not a good thing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you mean legs crossed like having one ankle at the other knee, or leg's crossed like girls normally cross them?
Yes, I know this post is going to make me look like an imbecile, but could someone please clarify.
Thanks
Yes, I know this post is going to make me look like an imbecile, but could someone please clarify.
Thanks
I heard that you shouldn't cross your legs during an interview because of the possible perception of being lazy. However, my dad said that if the interview is fairly relaxed and more conversational then it would be okay to cross the legs at the ankles ONLY if the interviewer does it first. It's the whole idea of if you have more authority and power then you can be more relaxed. So don't trump the interviewer by crossing first. You can take that for what its worth, and if you have heard otherwise feel free to post it.
AznDoc said:I heard that you shouldn't cross your legs during an interview because of the possible perception of being lazy. However, my dad said that if the interview is fairly relaxed and more conversational then it would be okay to cross the legs at the ankles ONLY if the interviewer does it first. It's the whole idea of if you have more authority and power then you can be more relaxed. So don't trump the interviewer by crossing first. You can take that for what its worth, and if you have heard otherwise feel free to post it.
I agree with this. I have heard that you should sort of mimick the body language of the interviewer. Of course, for us girls, crossing legs is a no-brainer, unless you want the interviewer to see your panties. 😉
calstudent - I would advise against crossing your legs like a girl. You might crush your package unless you plan to reach down there and lift it out of the way as you're crossing your legs.

i have heard about mimicking one's body language before...but this book i read (dont laugh) was supposed to be a book on seduction...so not sure if actually following their body language would be a good idea...they might come of the interview, falling head over heels for you. ha.
uclabruin2003 said:i have heard about mimicking one's body language before...but this book i read (dont laugh) was supposed to be a book on seduction...so not sure if actually following their body language would be a good idea...they might come of the interview, falling head over heels for you. ha.
Well, whatever works. There are obviously some ethical issues here, but if the interviewer and I can keep it a secret...maybe we can work something out. Hey, I know that we are all competing for spots and my sex appeal is an unfair advantage. However, we all know that life isn't fair.
Innocent Girl said:calstudent - I would advise against crossing your legs like a girl. You might crush your package unless you plan to reach down there and lift it out of the way as you're crossing your legs.![]()
What if your package is uncrushable?
Shaz said:What if your package is uncrushable?
In that case, maybe we should get together for some drinks. 😉
Innocent Girl said:You might crush your package unless you plan to reach down there and lift it out of the way as you're crossing your legs.![]()
-tx
i think if the situation allows for crossing of the legs, then by all means go ahead....but of course you have to be able to pull it off! some guys can't, where it just looks strange if they try. but other guys really look soooo classy and yummy doing it if they're doing it right, depends on the guy i say... 😀
😍
casey
😍 casey

cross them if you want to if that makes you more comfortable. you can get in if you cross your legs during the interview, don't worry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 640