Interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mysmile

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently had an interview with the university that I really hope to attend. I had requested several outside recomendations, I was positive that all of them had been recieved by the University, but I found out two days after the interview one had not yet been recieved by the University, therefore the committee was unable to view it. This letter was coming form the dentist that I have been doing intensive work with for over a year! He is still sending it but I want to know if the committee will still be able to view it, and if it was to change there view of me (accept or not) can they change that now?

Members don't see this ad.

The most important letters are those from your college instructors, whether through a committee or individually. Professional schools mostly want to know about your academic skills, personality, attitudes, etc. Letters from physicians, dentists, et alia, are usually of minor interest.

In your case, if the dentist's letter arrives before the admissions committee of the dental school considers your application, or before your interview, or before a decision is rendered, they will see it. If none of the above, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.