interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lutz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm excited yet nervous about my upcoming interviews! (within 2 wks)
Just wondering what to expect?
Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks

Lutz:)

Members don't see this ad.

I had my first interview yesterday. The day began with the chairman and residency director introducing the program over breakfast and brief introductions by each of the applicants (about 5 of us). We then had an unknown slide conference with the residents and attendings, followed by 3 one-on-one interviews with faculty lasting about 30-45 min each. Then we had lunch with the residents and some attendings (who left after a few minutes, so we could have "frank" discussions with the residents). The residents took us for a tour after lunch and then we had a summation interview with a faculty member. The day passed quickly and the whole process was done by 3PM.

Overall, its a relatively stress-free process. The standard questions: why pathology, why here, tell me about yourself, how do you like med school, where do you see yourself in 10 years, etc come up very often. My PSF and research also came up often, but that could be because I wrote about them in my essay. There were no curve ball questions. I did not get asked the dreaded "what are your strengths and weaknesses" question. The interviewers had read our apps beforehand and often referred to them during the interview. The most informative part of the day for me was the unknown slide conference because I got to see how the residents interact with the attendings. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck everyone!

Thank you very much.What is the best polite way to say "NO" if the "Pre-Mach" is offerd? Please give us your feedback.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
blueintheface,

thanks for the info!

Lutz:clap:

Thanks for the info Blue!

I have interviews on friday and monday, so I'll let y'all know then.

Mindy

How many interviews should one go to in order to feel confident about matching?

LUTZ