Interview Questions/Answers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moosey3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm interviewing at three schools next month: Touro, Midwestern AZ and SCU in CN. I was wondering if you had any really good interview questions/answers or tips to prepare, or maybe you have already interviewed at those schools? I would really really appreciate the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys, I'm interviewing at three schools next month: Touro, Midwestern AZ and SCU in CN. I was wondering if you had any really good interview questions/answers or tips to prepare, or maybe you have already interviewed at those schools? I would really really appreciate the help.

Hey, I have not interviewed at these schools but I have had 2 interviews, one at Rush University and another at Nova Southeastern University, here are a few questions I have been asked.

1) Why OT?
2) Why do you want to attend their school(s)?
3) What is your perception about (the occupation you are going into)?
4) What are your weaknesses?
5) What are your strengths?
6) Why should we accept you?
7) How did you hear about our school?
8) Describe your work/volunteer experience? (With this question, it's good to be specific and explain one situation that really stuck out, but also mention the other experiences)
9) What is your biggest challenge that you overcame and how did you do that?
10) How do you perform under pressure?
11) What will be your priority after you are admitted to a graduate school?

Just be confident and well spoken during your interview... show them your passion and yourself so they get a good feel of you. AND RELAX! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I have not interviewed at these schools but I have had 2 interviews, one at Rush University and another at Nova Southeastern University, here are a few questions I have been asked.

1) Why OT?
2) Why do you want to attend their school(s)?
3) What is your perception about (the occupation you are going into)?
4) What are your weaknesses?
5) What are your strengths?
6) Why should we accept you?
7) How did you hear about our school?
8) Describe your work/volunteer experience? (With this question, it's good to be specific and explain one situation that really stuck out, but also mention the other experiences)
9) What is your biggest challenge that you overcame and how did you do that?
10) How do you perform under pressure?
11) What will be your priority after you are admitted to a graduate school?

Just be confident and well spoken during your interview... show them your passion and yourself so they get a good feel of you. AND RELAX! :)

I second this. Also, a couple questions I had were:

"How would you explain occupational therapy to somebody who doesn't know what it is?"

and

(Figuratively speaking) "What would you bring to the program?"