Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mahima

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am applying to Pharm schools and I wanted to know if there is site that posts all of the questions that each school asks, like there is for med school admissions on student doctor. Please post it if there is.

Members don't see this ad.

Check out the databases at the very top of this page.

I don't understand why everybody is so concerned about the interview questions (there are so many posts from people asking for the questions). They are just questions that you answer just like you would answer questions to people in any other situation. It never even occured to me to try to get them ahead of time. I guess I sound mean but I honestly believe that it would be nerve racking to know the questions ahead of time. Doesn't this lend itself to preparing answers and memorizing them? Then what happens if you forget your line! Guys just be yourself and you will be fine :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I am applying to Pharm schools and I wanted to know if there is site that posts all of the questions that each school asks, like there is for med school admissions on student doctor. Please post it if there is.

Well, you're a new member, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Below is the link to the interview feedback from all the US pharmacy schools:

http://share.studentdoctor.net/interviewpharm/school_pick.aspx

I don't understand why everybody is so concerned about the interview questions (there are so many posts from people asking for the questions). They are just questions that you answer just like you would answer questions to people in any other situation. It never even occured to me to try to get them ahead of time. I guess I sound mean but I honestly believe that it would be nerve racking to know the questions ahead of time. Doesn't this lend itself to preparing answers and memorizing them? Then what happens if you forget your line! Guys just be yourself and you will be fine :D

I'm curious, did you use the interview feedback on SDN when you were prepping for your pharmacy interview(s)?

Aside from the generic questions, I found ~half a dozen interesting, thought-provoking questions so I would say, it does help to browse through them. But that's just me.

There are some questions that beg some serious introspection. Example would be: "Tell me about a time when you failed at something. " You can't just blurt out the first thing that comes to mind 'coz there are severe consequences if you say something that reflects poorly on your maturity and, consequently, on how you overcome obstacles. Do you know the STAR method for answering such a question?
Another example would be: "Tell me about yourself". Simple as it may seem, this question also requires a great deal of thought. You can tell the interviewer about your whole life story but that is not what they are really interested in.
Any interview book or guide will tell you to prepare for interviews by thinking in advance how you might answer commonly asked questions. Having said that, it doesn't mean that you have to memorize your answers otherwise you sound like a robot which is not good either.
But hey, whatever works you.

it would benefit though especially when the questions test critical thinking, ethics, responsibility, quick-thinking etc. that may throw you off at the moment.

STAR method is overkill for most questions they ask you in a pharm interview. Good to use, but not necessary for basic questions.

I do agree with PharmApp, its ok to read and look over the questions, but the last thing you want to do at your interview, is sound like you prepped or it was canned material.

For my first interview, I tried to prep, but at the interview, I just answered the questions as honestly as I could (mainly because I forgot the prepped answers).

The STAR method is used for behavior-type questions. Of course, you would not use them if you were asked "why pharmacy?" etc.

I've been to two interviews where I was asked mostly behavior-type questions. It was very useful, I must say.

No I didn't, I found this site about a week after my last interview (I know I'm behind the times). I have been to probably 20 job interviews at least so it didn't really occur to me to be worried. I have no idea what the star method is. I answered all of the questions on the spot and my strategy was just to be honest.

I prepared simply by having friends and family members ask me questions about pharmacy and focused more on the presentation (eye contact, verbal pauses, etc) than content (don't memorize anything!). I got to the interview and the only question he asked me was, "What made you decide not to teach?" as I have a background in elementary education. No matter how much you prepare, it's all up to the interviewer!