scoops619

2+ Year Member
May 16, 2015
Status
Medical Student
This is a bit random , but I was hoping y'all could shed some light on things for me. Generally speaking, are interviews scheduled during the week or the weekend? I know that's probably too vague of a question to get any good answer. Essentially I'm asking because I have the opportunity to go on an awesome trip abroad for a long weekend during the fall semester, but I don't want to screw myself over for interviews, should I get any. I submitted all of my secondaries within the last three weeks, so I shouldn't expect to even hear back from schools until at least late September. If I went on this trip in late October, would I potentially be putting myself in a situation where I'd have to delay an interview, and so disadvantage my application? I have a lizzyM of approximately 73.5, with the MCAT being the larger contributor, if that matters. Thanks!

gannicus89

2+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
During the week. My options were usually the end of the week, Wed-Fri, but I think any of the 5 days is fair game. The only issue I can foresee is if you schedule an interview on Monday morning and have to travel to the location on Sunday...

starlite911

5+ Year Member
May 14, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Being gone for a long weekend isn't going to change anything. So maybe you have to delay an interview by one week--not the end of the world by any means. For many of my interview invites, I didn't pick the first date offered for scheduling reasons.

OP
S

scoops619

2+ Year Member
May 16, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Great, thanks for the feedback, everyone. I wasn't sure if not being able to interview that weekend would mean I had to wait another month or just another week, though that obviously depends on the school to some extent. I think I'll end up going--thanks!