Interview Season Questions

Started by scoops619
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

scoops619

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is a bit random , but I was hoping y'all could shed some light on things for me. Generally speaking, are interviews scheduled during the week or the weekend? I know that's probably too vague of a question to get any good answer. Essentially I'm asking because I have the opportunity to go on an awesome trip abroad for a long weekend during the fall semester, but I don't want to screw myself over for interviews, should I get any. I submitted all of my secondaries within the last three weeks, so I shouldn't expect to even hear back from schools until at least late September. If I went on this trip in late October, would I potentially be putting myself in a situation where I'd have to delay an interview, and so disadvantage my application? I have a LizzyM of approximately 73.5, with the MCAT being the larger contributor, if that matters. Thanks!
 
During the week. My options were usually the end of the week, Wed-Fri, but I think any of the 5 days is fair game. The only issue I can foresee is if you schedule an interview on Monday morning and have to travel to the location on Sunday...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Being gone for a long weekend isn't going to change anything. So maybe you have to delay an interview by one week--not the end of the world by any means. For many of my interview invites, I didn't pick the first date offered for scheduling reasons.
 
Great, thanks for the feedback, everyone. I wasn't sure if not being able to interview that weekend would mean I had to wait another month or just another week, though that obviously depends on the school to some extent. I think I'll end up going--thanks!