interview time/ranking order

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delphynium

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question - if a program offers you an interview later than most of the other programs - say end of January, begining of February - does that mean that they have already made their ranking list and are just filling the spots left for an interview or does that mean that they are still seriously considering which applicants to take. How does an offer for a half-an-hour interview sounds?

Someone with experience in this game, please enlighten me !

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any experience here, but your question is a good one . . . do programs just try to fill up interview spots in the end, or are they seriously considering these late interviewees?

I tend to agree with what someone on an earlier post said . . . interviewing you is also an investment on the program's part (if they are putting you up in a hotel, taking you out to lunch, scheduling time for people to interview you, etc.) I don't think if they weren't interested, they wouldn't waste their time and money.

Someone else also once posted to me . . . if you don't go, you won't be considered at all. Take a chance, and maybe you will really, really impress them!