Interview with no secondary?! READ THIS....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Monkey5555, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Monkey5555

Monkey5555 Junior Member

So, I sent out a bunch of primary applications through AACOMAS and then the secondaries started pouring in. As you all know, a lot of schools ask for a rec from an osteopathic physician - I didn't know any and couldn't apply to those schools. I was applying to osteopathic medical schools based on what i'd read about the philosophy - that has since changed, but it's irrelevent to this story. Anyway, so I didn't return secondaries to schools who requested this rec. Touro was one of those schools...then about a week ago, i got a postcard saying that my app was complete. "that's weird," i thought. I never sent them anything but AACOMAS. Then yesterday, a very nice letter and a packet of information arrived from Touro requesting that I go out there for an interview! Hmm. :confused:
    anyone? anyone? bueler? bueler? i think i may have to call them. :rolleyes:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tnt3

tnt3 Member

Touro doesn't require a LOR from a DO. Hmm...that's really strange if you didn't send in your secondary and the $100 fee.
    Congrats anyway!

4. Touro does not require a DO letter. Obviously, a mistake was made. If you want to confirm the interview offer, just call Dr. Haight's office. Maybe they liked what they saw on your application and just decided to interview you without a secondary.

5. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]
    Could be a mistake. I would follow up on it.

NYCOM doesn't require a secondary...you fill it out AT your interview.

Either way...good luck!

6. jhug

jhug 1K Member

Weird! I would like to know their answer to your inquiry- i'd be wary of any school that would interview w/o a secondary-- unless it is how they do things normally.